Upcoming change to Roon subscription prices (January 1st, 2023)

Agreed. All this effort and expense in building my system, Roon is an in credibly elegant solution to manage it all, so I’m all in on a lifetime license before my next billing cycle. I was almost over the line anyway, but held off with exchange rates beings so miserable, but now it’s a no-brainer to go all-in before the end of the year.

5 Likes

I am 75 years old: a ROON subscriber (I bought Nucleus Plus) for 2 years now
I think ROON should offer a discount on a lifetime subscription for us old timers: its only fair…

19 Likes

This is tough. The cost of livng is a real challenge and I can’t justify the extra outlay. Roon is great but the biggest issue for me is that it is expanding in directions I don’t really want and yet I still have to pay for them. I didn’t want ARC for example - just a belt and braces service for home hifi. I think I will let my subscription lapse and see if I can make do with tidal connect. Once the music is playing it doesn’t really matter whose serving it.

15 Likes

Like a half or quarter lifetime? I think it’s called paying annually. Years ago, I went to Disneyland, it cost $110 for day pass, but I arrived 2 hours before closing. There was no discount.

5 Likes

It becomes a math problem: life expectation * annual subscription against lifetime purchase. But I bet lifetime purchase still wins for you because I believe audiophiles live longer lifes : ).

6 Likes

Bread and beer, too.

2 Likes

What is a lifetime? I can’t remember to tell roon my birthday. lifetime as long there is a valid email address? why there is a marked for used lifetime accounts?
What if roon is’nt anymore in a few years are being absorbed by apple or amazon?
Or was bought by Elon Musk? :wink:

2 Likes

Im 7 weeks into yearly sub, I understand that their is no partial refund policy but is there any movement in this if I choose to upgrade to a lifetime subscription?

3 Likes

CAN I SWITCH FROM ONE BILLING OPTION TO ANOTHER?

You can choose to switch to another billing option at any time, just visit your account page.

If you’re switching between monthly and yearly billing, you will be charged $12.99 (monthly) or $119.88 (yearly) at the end of your current billing period.

If you switch to the lifetime billing option during your free trial, you will be billed $699.99 when your trial ends. If you switch during the first 30 days after a charge for a yearly subscription, you will only pay the difference, $580.11. At any other time, or if you’re switching from a monthly subscription, you will pay the full $699.99. No full or partial refunds will be granted for prior payments.

3 Likes

About lifetime subscription, I’m not so worry about Roon hanging around for quite some time as I am for the streaming services that are connected to Roon. Personally I wouldn’t have so much fun with just my ripped cd-collection if TIDAL and qobuz should disappear… It’s the seamless solution for it all that make Roon so great

6 Likes

This needs looking at!

Roon are penalising customers for wanting to upgrade their accounts to a lifetime sub by not offering another level of partial refund.

9 Likes

Wait until your year runs out then. However, the lifetime payment will be the same, so there is no financial incentive to wait.

2 Likes

while we arent scared of the 2 we have going away, we are actively working on integrating others – look forward to seeing them next year.

54 Likes

And pay the increased lifetime sub?

Your choice.

Well done Roon, really appreciate having the option of a lifetime sub at the current rate and the date it will increase.

6 Likes

I hope that was meant as a joke.

(I’m 72. I never use that as a reason for anything).

3 Likes

:thinking:

I have never been so skeptical in my life

5 Likes

@xxx @mark_rubin
May I enquire what you both did as a profession (or are you still working)?

1 Like

It’s hard for you to believe? You should see it from my side. :laughing:

11 Likes