Upcoming changes to HQPlayer support

Someone will have to explain to me why leaving the v3 API available as an option was not possible.
I don’t want to upgrade, HQplayer is only one piece of my chain. I have to update all the digital frontend maybe except for the DAC. This is so disappointing.

I have this. Also after upgrade. Thought this is something wrong anyware in my setup. Right now still testing PCM with closed-form-m and NS9. ++ Switching to SDM now.

Keep getting authentication error…

Desktop? Embedded?

So far as far I’ve tested the issue applies only to Embedded and only once you have changed configuration and not restarted hqplayerd service.

1 Like

I’m using embedded, I’ve reinstalled app, rebooted all, still, nothing.

Does the web interface show an error in big red letters?

No. All was fine until roon update…

So you have started HQPlayer Embedded, but you have not touched settings after starting it up. And the front page of HQPlayer web interface is not showing errors in red either? And you are on HQPlayer Embedded version 4.29.3 or later?

Yes, but then I reinstalled and rebooted everything and still, no dice.

HQPlayer now stops after 30 minutes. I had reinstalled after update and now shows trial version for my STi5

hm, happens with SDM too. But will check my setup please. Right now not on NAA OS itself and prob. not the latest NAA version.

Are the most of you experiencing a seamless update?
Is HQP really worth the added complication/computation??

Sure it is imo. SQ much much better than Roon alone imo.

Just take a listen e.g.to this one :hugs:

1 Like

Would be nice if I could play more than authentication issues

1 Like

I had no problem with my update.

I ran the needed command and watched it work.

I’m jealous. I updated via sonic transport. All looks good but roon just can’t connect.

I had the same problem on my STi5. One issue is when I reinstalled HQP it installed the trial version. Have you checked this?

Yes, I reentered key and am running 4.30.2

Uninstall and reinstall the Roon Core software only and see if that fixes it. That is what worked for me.

I too am unable to play anything with HQPe v4.30.2. I have restarted both Roon and HQPe with no results. I just keep getting an authorization error.