Update aftermath comments[answered]

Hi,

I just want to point out that after the database rebuild I have lost all of my editing , group, albums consolidations etc.
Still investigating, it also did enable disabled path…

Now it’s not a big deal since this give me the opportunity to do it properly remove files duplication since I know Roon better now.

Please take this just a user feedback

Regards

Guido

Update shouldn’t cause such issue: this is either bug from our side or user error. Would you mind to describe your setup and issue in details and provide a screenshot of the Storage tab in Settings.

Thanks

At the risk of pressing on an open wound … did you take a backup of the database before upgrading ? If so, your edits etc. are unlikely to be lost.

Yes I did…

I think I did everything right, maybe it just re-enable a duplicated path, I am checking

As I said, this is an opportunities to do it again properly, clean it up, delete duplications , from my side it was just an user feedback :wink:

1 Like

If you don’t mind we’d like to troubleshoot your case just to make sure there is no bug which can affect a wider range of users in future. Thanks for understanding

Sure… I think the duplication (lost of editing) was caused by the fact that some path that were disable before the upgrade , did change to enabled after it.

For Istance

I did disable the default iTunes Library
After the update it was enabled again (This caused duplication)

I do have this structure on a local ssd
\roon
\roon\mp3
\roon\flac

Now before the upgrade Mp3 and flac path were disabled
After the upgrade they were enabled again

Of course the setting was not optimal, I am still learning and clean it up the more I know

Amazing application I love it

Editing the album, add image, doesn’t see the network drive, this is not good, previous build was working fine on this department

Roon 1.3 , in my setup, can see just the local drive when I am try to add a new image.

When I did try to drag and drop for the Nas the first time the application crashed the second time it did work fine

I can see the Nas drive fine from all the others application and finder

I updated but then noticed that all my albums had gone. I use a share on a Synology DS3611XS called \wav music but on storage it says connected and watching for albums but none are there. If I use the browser to get to the share it says folder is empty. I certainly can access the folder. I have restarted my Sonic Transport, restarted Room Server on it, I have removed the NAS share and re-added it, I have checked that the password is correct and it does in fact connect. I have tried with the server name and with its IP address and no difference. I added a shared folder within the share but that too had no files and now I cannot remove that folder nor the share (the x next to it has gone).

I have tried forcing a rescan, enabling and disabling. I did notice in the log that it seemed to fail to connect to the share saying it was not available in which case I do not know why and the error is not being handled correctly.

Setup, roonserver running on Sonictransport, music on Synology Server, all network hardwired, Roon endpoints are two Sonic Orbiters and one microrendu. All updated to new software and working perfectly last night before the update.

I would love some help. I did notice a /tmp file or folder had appeared on my network share.

restart your NAS

Having same content in the several sources can explain disappearance of the edits. Here is what I suggest.
Go back to your backed up 1.2 library, remove watched folders which contain duplicated content. Go to ‘Library’ tab in Settings and use ‘Clean up library’ to cleanup your database, then migrate to 1.3.

Make sure that you still have a backup for just in case…

Agree… Applying your suggestions, many thanks

Version 1.3 sounds absolutely fantastic. It’s after 3am, and I want to keep going. Thanks Roon Labs for making a great product even better! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Ian_spector ----- My apologies for the troubles here. Have you tried restarting the NAS yet?

In reference to your comment:

“I added a shared folder within the share but that too had no files and now I cannot remove that folder nor the share (the x next to it has gone).”

In order to get the “x” icon back you will want to remove all watch folders which are using that network share source.

Lastly, may I kindly ask you to provide screenshots of your file browser and storage tab.

Thanks!
-Eric

Thank you Eric and Tony Reiman; restarting the NAS worked. It does seem to be starting the database from scratch so my added dates will be lost but at least I have music again. I could not remove the subfolder that I had added so I deleted the corresponding folder from the directory.

I have now turned on Dropbox backups, thanks for another great feature.

Must rush as I have all the 1.3 goodness to explore. Thanks again for your help.

Ian