Update problems w/RoPieee and Roon

Yesterday I did an update for RoPieee plus the Roon 1.8 update. Now every time I log into Roon it says no audio device found and I have to re boot the Synology(where Roon core is installed) to get audio back. Whereas before I could get DSD256 over DoP ( would like to get DSD512 which my Luxman D-10x DAC and Allo USBridge Signature Player can do but that apparently is a whole different problem) now cannot get DSD256. Any help would be appreciated

I’ve noticed that Roon Core is 1.8 but Roon Bridge on RoPieeeXL is 1.7. But my set is playing absolutely fine and no problems. I think is actually sounding better.
I know this isn’t helping you Tom, I just thought it was worth a mention.

Here i had Problems with PI4 and PI3 with Core on MAC Mini Ubuntu.
Sometimes ROPIEEE is only found after boot Core Machine.

Core ist 1.8
PI4 and PI3 both 3.077 beta

It’s not related to the RoonBridge version. There was no update of RoonBridge.

In general I think this will be fixed shortly. There are more reports of endpoints that are not visible in Roon which require a Roon Core restart.

1 Like

I have the same problem after Roon 1.8 update.
It seems is a well known problem and will be solved soon.

My RoPieee endpoints were not visible in Roon today after updating all of them to v. 3.075. I rebooted the Core and now all works fine.

1 Like

So this is a Roon issue not a RoPieee issue?

Thank you for answering Harry.

There does appear to be an open ticket for this issue

Would you mind pointing me to that ticket so I can track it independently and not bother Harry with it? :slight_smile:

I’ve had to restart ROCK twice already - never once did I have to do that with 1.7. :frowning:

Yeah, I’m having this issue also. I have to reboot my NUC server everyday to get the Ropieee endpoints to show up. Interestingly, the one audio zone that never disappears is the HDMI port on the NUC.
I’m sure it’s a Roon issue as I can always bring up the webpage for each of the Ropieee devices when this issue occurs.

2 Likes