Upgrade to the latest Roon update - Roonserver is not starting [Hotfix released - if you are still impacted please work with Roon support to resolve]

Sorry this “solution” is also not acceptable. I am not a software engineer and have no interest in editing files. Do better.

Sorry, @finin.mcfadden2011. In case you have no interest in editing files, may I kindly ask you to wait for the fix from our side, please? It’s coming soon.

Ivan

1 Like

Wow…lots of us having this issue. Nice QA process, Roon! How did you let this happen? What new testing process will you be using to ensure it doesn’t happen again?

1 Like

Removal of ‘bits’ on Roon server running on Qnap NAS worked for iOS but not MAC. Still doesn’t start on Mac.

1 Like

Removal of “bits” bits did not work for me on MacBook…

Same problem here. Following above instructions to remove “bits” file got me on the road again (running ROCK on a NUC). DB needed an update on the way through, but all well now.

Please fellow Roonies. These things happen from time to time. A little frustrating I know. I wasn’t aware of the workaround that @ivan has mentioned and uninstalled Roon in its entirety and reinstalled. All back up and working.

Please be patient with the Roon Team. It’s tougher for them if they’re getting unwanted flack. Please stay civil and please remain patient.

Thank you

8 Likes

I was using roon and listening to music just fine this morning and I got a message there was a new roon update which I applied and ever since after it started up it cannot find the core any longer and I cannot use roon…very frustrating,what can I do?

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

As title says. Just played a few songs in Roon, then restarted it. It no longer starts. Restarted the PC, Roon still won’t start
Sometimes I can see the roon window being displayed quickly, but it dissapears immediately. Say in less than a second.
Roon process in task manager is also closed.

In my two-ish years of using Roon, i’ve never encountered anything like this before.
Found the logs, this is the error it gets :

–[ INNER EXCEPTION ]------------------------------------------------
Inner Exception Source: RoonBase
Inner Exception Type: System.Exception
Inner Exception Target Site: Bit.GetString
Inner Exception Message: bit roon.broker.test.partialbits3 is not a string
Inner Exception Data: none

–[ Inner Stack Trace ]------------
Sooloos.Bit.GetString(String default_value)
RoonBase.DLL, IL 66, N 181
Sooloos.Broker.State.<.ctor>g__PartialBitsAnalytics|154_6()
Roon.Broker.Core.DLL, IL 0, N 186
Sooloos.Broker.State…ctor(BrokerConfig config, StorageManager storage)
Roon.Broker.Core.DLL, IL 1634, N 3973
Sooloos.Broker.Modules.Core.Create(BrokerConfig config, String platform)
Roon.Broker.Core.DLL, IL 125, N 224
Sooloos.Application.InitializeBackend(Task create_deps_task)
Roon.exe, IL 529, N 989
System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
mscorlib.dll, IL 15, N 78
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
mscorlib.dll, IL 16, N 71

–[ OUTER EXCEPTION ]------------------------------------------------
Outer Exception Source: mscorlib
Outer Exception Type: System.AggregateException
Outer Exception Target Site: Task.ThrowIfExceptional
Outer Exception Message: One or more errors occurred.
Outer Exception Data: none

–[ Outer Stack Trace ]------------
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
mscorlib.dll, IL 17, N 4593189
System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
mscorlib.dll, IL 67, N 13992992
Sooloos.Application/<>c__DisplayClass2_0.b__16()
Roon.exe, IL 527, N 1288
Broo.Engine.DeviceTarget.ProcessSafeQueue()
BrooEngine.DLL, IL 23, N 107
Broo.Engine.DeviceTarget.GuiMainLoop()
BrooEngine.DLL, IL 148, N 549
Sooloos.Application.Main(String[] argv)
Roon.exe, IL 1921, N 4451

Same here. Latest Windows 10 and now won’t restart.

Uninstalled (application only and kept setting and database). Still doesn’t launch.

Uninstalled all and now starts.

Some won’t want to loose their database and settings. Thankfully my setup is straightforward

Help Roon!

apparently there is a workaround. Read " Upgrade to the latest VERSION - roonserver is not starting [Investigating, Workaround available]"

I’ve tried removing said file and it works.
So you should be good too

Vermutlich liegt es an Windows 11, ich habe den Core (Windows10) gestartet, läuft. Mein Steuergerät (Windows 11) startet nicht. Gleicher Fehler wie von dir beschrieben, versucht zu starten und innerhalb einer Sekunde bricht der Vorgang ab.

I’m on a Mac and have the same problem.

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus Rev.B

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ThunderData Bonn N8 SW-HUB - Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Ethernet - LINN Selekt DSM

Number of Tracks in Library

about 6,000 Albums

Description of Issue

Roon Server does not start after restarting Nucleus.
When I start Roon Server manually, it stops immediately.
Powering off and on the Nucleus does not fix the issue.

Reinstalling the Operating System does not fix the issue.
Is there any way to reinstall the Roon Server Software?

Roon Remote can see the Core, but cannot connect to it, probably because the Roon Server is not running. Therefore, Roon Server Update cannot be performed using Roon Remote.

/10characters

when the fix comes will it just be applied when we open the roon application ?..I am waiting patiently

This worked on my ROCK Nuc. Thanks.

1 Like

Removal of “bits” file, followed by restart, worked for me as well

1 Like