Upgrade to the latest Roon update - Roonserver is not starting [Hotfix released - if you are still impacted please work with Roon support to resolve]

I removed “bits” and can now play music on a PC

1 Like

Same issue as reported above. Mac Mini M1 running Ventura OS 13.0.1.

Removing the BITS file did work as a temporary work around… thanks!

1 Like

@ivan
its Database/Registry/Core
for linux

1 Like

Updated to * Go to Database/Core/Registry/Core

@ivan how can u pull something to the Production without PRIOR TESTING ?

1 Like

The full Mac path is:

/Users/username/Library/Roon/Database/Registry/Core/

1 Like

Same issue with Ventura OS 13.0.1 running on 2019 MacBook Pro 16". The bits file removal workaround worked for me. So I am back in business.

Just removed the file “bits” and what was it.
Started the client; Database was upgraded…good to go.
But Roon team, this is NOT the level of quality we expect. The ARC ‘thing’ was already enough.

2 Likes

Removing the bits file on the MacOS is working fine, but I totally agree that this is NOT the quality we expected from you guys!

Thanks, it worked for me.
Note that the path “Database/Core/Registry/Core” didn’t exist in my RoonServer directory, but I found a similar path which did contain a ‘bits’ file.

RoonServer\Database\Registry\Core

This serves as a good reminder that it pays off to track every change being made to existing application files and user data, so it can be fully considered in testing. Breaking the application is far from the worst that can happen if something is missed (I speak from experience :pensive:).

any estimated time we can expect the fix for those of us not interested in opening files and messing around with it?

Interesting…removal of bits did not work for me running M1 Mac, Ventura 13.0.1, but it does for iOS. Uninstalled on Mac and reinstalled latest version and still nothing - a flicker on the top bar of the screen but no Roon at all.

1 Like

That’s where my “bits” file was, too, but removing it does not fix the problem for me - ROON still won’t fully launch (there is a ROON icon in the taskbar notification area, though, but it only has “Quit” or “Launch at Startup?” as options.

I am running MacOS 10.15.7 Server will not start. Where do I find the “bits” file

I deleted the bits file but still can’t launch roon on my mac (client) but core says it’s up
both these issues occurred when i ran software update for client and core. I am on macOS as well

Sorry, I fixed the typo in my post was typing in a rush. Thanks, @Daniel_Houghton1.

Thanks!

Ivan

2 Likes

Hi Ivan,
I have no file called bits, please see image attached. This is on an M1 Mac mini.

Thanks, Bruce.

Unfortunately removing the “bits” file in that location did not fix the problem for me

I do want to make sure that when the fix is finally made all it will entail is my reopening my roon as I have been doing for years now?Waiting patiently

Removing the bits file did not help restart - still seeing “Not Running” after a multiple restart attempts…

1 Like