Upgrade to the latest Roon update - Roonserver is not starting [Hotfix released - if you are still impacted please work with Roon support to resolve]

Deleting the bits file from Core’s Nucleus and Remote’s iMac fixed it.
Nucleus: Data/RoonServer/Database/Registry/Core/bits
Mac: /Users/[YourAccount]/Library/Roon/Database/Registry/Core/bits

1 Like

Deleting the bits from Core fixed it for me.

Fix worked for me, thanks.

Same issue for me. Removed the bits file from my laptop and Roon started as client but cannot connect to the core, which is a Nucleus at IP 10.0.0.20 on my network. The nucleus home screen shows Server not running. I try and re-start and it says successfully re-started by the status still shows ‘Server not running’

It worked for me too. Uffff!

this worked

Thank You. This worked for me on my Mac mini running MacOS 10.15.7. However, I noticed if I select about in Roon the Core says “There was an error checking for an update” Maybe they took the update server off line.

A post was split to a new topic: Roon update issue - already deleted bits

Hello,

since I didn’t read the forum before, this update cost me a lot of effort. At first I thought it was a hardware defect. Reinstall, pull update and play back until it worked again.

Mistakes happen, okay. But not to this extent and then with this handling! A mailing would also have been good, not everyone looks at the forum every 10 minutes.

1 Like

so at this point what is the option for those of us who dont want to be editing the program and deleting files?

A post was split to a new topic: Stuck on looking for Roon Core on Nucleus+

A post was split to a new topic: Update error on Linux

I, a fellow Roon user understand the frustration you may have. Roon have quickly discovered a workaround for those happy to give it a try. They have acknowledged the issue and will no doubt be working frantically on a reissue to the 1167 or newer update to correct the error.

The clear instructions @ivan has given has helped a lot so far. A link to an instructions page is also included.

I think Roon are doing a great job at tackling probably their worst nightmare, a software update failure. This will however work towards finding said issue, putting control measures in place to prevent reoccurrence. Whilst this all worked fine in their testing, a simple error pushing the update out to us has probably been the issue.

@danny is probably leading his team accordingly and may issue an explanation.

Let’s face it folks, things can break.

My car has and it’s in the garage. Did I want it to break, heck no. It’s life.

Edit/update:

4 Likes

/var/roon/RoonServer/Database/Registry/Core

This worked on nucleusplus. Thanks

Hello All,

We have uncovered an issue with the latest Roon update which is preventing Roon from starting for some users.

We will release a hotfix to address this issue, but if you have already updated to 1167 and Roon is not starting properly, please follow the instructions listed below in the following Knowledge Base article to manually resolve the issue.

If you have any issues with the manual fix, please let us know. Apologies for the inconvenience here.

https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/roonserver-failing-to-start-after-updating-to-roon-build-1167

We have disabled updates until the hotfix is ready so you will see an “Error checking for updates” message in Roon and this is to be expected.

We have also made a pinned forum post regarding this issue here:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: NUC + PC Update issue

A post was split to a new topic: MacBook no sound after update

5 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t find Roon Core after update

Ich tue nichts dagegen. Innerhalb eines Monats schon ein so großer Fehler.
Das ist nicht mehr lustig.