Upgrade to the latest Roon update - Roonserver is not starting [Hotfix released - if you are still impacted please work with Roon support to resolve]

Hello,

It’s not the first update that’s buggy, but unfortunately it’s the worst.

The comparison with the car is not reliable. If my car has a defect, I go to the dealer, expect a customer-oriented solution and professional handling. My car’s dealer can’t just duck away.

It’s all about that. How do I deal with the defect and what do I offer.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks! It’s working now.

Us users have posted on the Roon forum (gone to dealer).

Roon have given a workaround (a courtesy car).

Roon have stated a hotfix will be issued once rectified (you get your car back).

Difference is here you don’t pay Roon to get it fixed. Yes a mistake or something happened on their end maybe. It’s life these days being heavily reliant on software and the internet.

4 Likes

I had to remove the bits file from my NUC which had also the RoonServer/DataBase/Registry/Core partition. That did the trick, a database update followed. Thanks!

This worked fine, but I’m still unable to launch Roon controller from my Mac. Is this related or a new issue?

Sorry, I should’ve specified that I am running Windows 10. I’m not sure about MacOS or other OSes.

I suppose searching in RoonServer and its subdirectories might be a good general way to find the file.

Realized that “bits” lived elsewhere, too - once I removed them all, this fix worked…

1 Like

I found it this way

Open file explorer

Search for Roon

Open folder Roon>Database>Registry>Core

Delete bits, top item

1 Like

The workaround FAQ has information / instructions for each different OS.

3 Likes

Noris - I appreciate that those of us who are regular forum members are being told about this fix and a pending new release. But there’s just 65K registered Forum users. What about the other 200K Roon users who don’t use the Forum? Shouldn’t Roon Corp be sending out an email to all users explaining about the issue? Especially important are those users who take updates automatically.

2 Likes

Mac info fixed it for my iMac too. All back to normal now.

Hello,

well, the comparison is not reliable. But I don’t want to take away your perspective either.

It is not the user’s responsibility to point out a faulty update. Users should have been informed.

The so-called HotFix is ​​the work of those who can access their system and who dare to do so.

Why should I pay Roon for this? An update from the manufacturer is not chargeable, even for my car. In addition, the update was the trigger.

As already described, mistakes happen, just dealing with them is bad at this point.

No, that’s the workaround. The Hotfix is the update that Roon is working on as we speak, and users will get it as soon as it’s available and updates are reenabled.

Hi
No start roon server! :frowning:

Yes. See further up in this thread for an immediate workaround, or wait a little bit until Roon releases the update that will fix it.

Hello,

thanks for the correction. That was important.

1 Like

Hey all, we’ve released a hotfix build that should address this problem.

2 Likes

OK great. How do I access this fix?

Doing the workaround allows roon to start again, however my core can no longer be seen. Even from the same machine.

Same for me