Upgrade to the latest Roon update - Roonserver is not starting [Hotfix released - if you are still impacted please work with Roon support to resolve]

Hi @vova & Team Roon

Many thanks for the very speedy turn around on the hotfix update. I’m on 1169 now and all good here.

Sit back and relax now, have a coffee or a glass of wine or stronger. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hello All,

We have just released Roon Build 1169 to address this issue and have edited the pinned post:

If your Core is not updated yet, please update it at your earliest convenience. We will be splitting users who are still impacted into their own threads momentarily so that we can address any remaining issues.

If you are unable to take the update or have any issues getting out of this state, please let us know here or open a new Support post and our support team will work one-on-one with you to resolve any remaining issues.

Thank you for your patience here while we worked to correct this update issue.

You might want to edit the path instructions in the KB Article referred to in the “banner post” on the forum.
The path in text does not match the real path or the screen shots from neither Win nor Mac.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t find Roon Core after update

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t find Roon Core after update

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nucleus update issue, removed bits already

A post was split to a new topic: iMac Core update issue

It took me longer to read this discussion than it took to solve the problem. Some people get very upset over very little.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Can’t find Roon Core after update

11 posts were split to a new topic: Nucleus bits update issue

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nucleus bits update issue

After several rebooting attempts I was able to connect to the Nucleus from a browser and apply the “fix”. All is working again.

Thanks to those who took the time to post advice. No word from Roon yet…

Your posts were already split out and Roon support answered there 20 minutes ago:

Thanks for reaching out. After several reboot attempts I was able to access the unit via a browser and then apply the fix that was described. Now everything seems to be working again.

Dopo l’aggiornamento build 1167 il core e’ rimasto irraggiungibile.
Ho la libreria su HD esterno formattato in NTFS ed ho seguito la vostra procedura manuale per risolvere il problema e fatto il controllo dell’unita’ esterna su pc windows e poi rimontato su NUC ma la situazione non cambia e il core rimane irraggiungibile pur avendo nella videata ROCK il roon server software in OK.

Aggiustato…il bits eliminato era quello sul pc e non quello del ROCK

Translation:

After the build 1167 update the core remained unreachable.
I have the library on an external HD formatted in NTFS and I followed your manual procedure to solve the problem and checked the external unit on a Windows PC and then reassembled it on the NUC but the situation does not change and the core remains unreachable despite having the ROCK screen the roon server software in OK.

Translation:

Fixed…the deleted bits was the one on the pc and not the one on the ROCK

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.