MacBook no sound after update

removed bits on a macbook pro / hqplayer it’s still not playing.

It launches now but no sound

Hi @Stephen_Nicoletti ,

I’ve activated diagnostics for your account and I’m not seeing any critical issues in your logs. Does the issue only impact HQPlayer? Are you able to hear audio when playing to your Macbook pro internal speakers directly (System Output)?

“I’ve activated diagnostics for your account and I’m not seeing any critical issues in your logs. Does the issue only impact HQPlayer? Are you able to hear audio when playing to your Macbook pro internal speakers directly (System Output)?”

yes internal speakers play on macbook pro

FYI: To quote someone on the forum, select the text you want to quote. A “Quote” button will appear, click it. This also ensures that the person you reply to will be notified:

The person will also be notified if you click the Reply button at the bottom right of their post (but not by the other reply button at the very bottom of the thread, which is there to reply to the thread as a whole instead of a specific post). The forum does not make it obvious to me which button you clicked, though.

Therefore, I am tagging @noris to ensure that he sees your above reply.

1 Like

I re-installed an earlier version of roon now playing.

How do I properly install the roon back up?

Anytime I install from my backup and restart roon there is an error message?

What is the error message?

Something like:

Error incapable to add 2.0 back up files to 1.8

———————

I had to re-install 1.8 to get roon to play music

Yes, I don’t think you can use backups created by current 2.0 with 1.8 Legacy anymore. The paths of 2.0 and 1.8 Legacy diverged approx. 1 month ago with this update for 2.0:

See here as well:

However, if your intention was to stay on 2.0 but were forced to revert to 1.8 Legacy because 2.0 was not playing music, this is a different issue that still should be resolved, but I think we have to wait for @noris for this

When can We update roon without the no sound bug?

ok, thank you

Hi @Stephen_Nicoletti ,

Are you saying that with Roon 1.8, everything works as it should with your HQPlayer zone?

This seems like it might be an HQPlayer setting issue if the speakers were working ok on 2.0 directly. Did you also make any HQPlayer configuration changes when you returned to Roon 1.8?

Note: HQPlayer Desktop 4.16.2+ or HQPlayer Embedded 4.29.3+ is required to function correctly in Roon.

We are using 4.20.2

We are using 1.8 until there is a fix for 2.0, please keep me posted.

Thank you

We updated to roon 2.0 just fine, but the next update roon did made it impossible to start roon.

So we had to download 1.8 again just for roon to start.

HQPlayer works fine in 1.8, and in 2.0 but nothing works not even roon will open with the last update.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Please keep us posted on the fix, because 1.8 isn’t telling me to update the software.

Thank you,
Steve

Also

I did delete bits, but that did nothing for us to be able to start the 2.0 + update

When do you believe we can update from (downgrading) 1.8.

2.0 played fine, 2.01 had no sound had to re-install 1.8.

We spent some 4 hours getting Roon to work after installing 2.01, (had to revert back to 1.8) don’t want to have to go through that again… Kind of ironic just recently we opted for the lifetime roon option.

Thank You,
Steve

“Did you also make any HQPlayer configuration changes when you returned to Roon 1.8?”

no, no changes

Help please!

@support help please still no sound with anything but Roon 1.8

Hi @Stephen_Nicoletti ,

Apologies for the slow response here, I missed your earlier message. Are you still having issues at the present time? I’ve activated diagnostics mode on your Mac and I am seeing that playback is working as expected according to logs. Is the sound output also behaving as expected? Let me know, thanks!