Upgrading Nucleus

Ha! Thanks Danny. PS I have a very large library and recently have had an issue loading it using the nucleus plus. I’ve no problem with the library on my hi-powered iMac but, on the advice of @noris and @kevin, i am now culling the library. I am also going to have my nucleus + upgraded to 16 GB RAM and 256 SSD and will try again. Anything else you’d recommend?

how big of a library?

please post a screenshot of the web ui too

750K tracks, hope to take it down to 650K. On an iMac now, so no web ui. cc @noris and @kevin

yah you are pushing the limits of 8gb… 16gb is an easy and inexpensive solution to that

you should check how big your roon database directory is on the mac… you might not need the ssd upgrade (it’s not easy to do anyway)

Roon database is just under 1.2 GB

Norman, I apologize in advance… don’t want to highjack your thread… only, I can’t believe your Database is just 1.2G…

My Roon Server has about 88.000 tracks and the Database is about 4.4G. How can that be?

agreed.

@Norman_Spector, how are you determining 1.2 GB?

Sorry. Just under 1.2 TB

1 Like

Sorry again: The backup is 102 GB

Wow that’s a big database.

You currently have approximately 124gb of space to work with in the current SSD. You’d need to grow a lot to fill it. To upgrade the SSD, we must do it, and we charge for that since it’s custom work.

I’d just go with the ram upgrade, as it’s something you or anyone can do.

Thanks Danny. I’ve asked the guy who does work for my audio retailer and on all my computers to do the job and will let you know how it works out. The iMac is handling the large library like a charm–and I’m culling the library–so I’m pretty hopeful!

1 Like

I’ve culled my library but now find that I cannot play Tidal albums on the iMac that is my core: when I try to play the first track it skips through the album and i get the message that the tracks are not available and have failed too many times. I am able to play Tidal on my laptop, as well as using Audirvana on my audio system. I am signed in to Tidal but I notice that syncing tidal library appears to be hung up

I re-booted my iMac Core and as Roon came back up I got a message that Tidal login had failed and I should re-try and I successfully logged in with my Tidal albums appearing and i noticed that the wheel was spinning when I went to settings/services and now I see that it says that the library is sincing now. I will leave it overnight and see what happens by the morning

Problem solved; everything working perfectly

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: TIDAL Issues - Can’t Login