USB Dac endpoint becomes unavailable since 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

M1 Mac mini, Roon Core 1.8 756

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Core Mini wired to Pi via switch.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pi4 connected to Topping d90 MQA DAC via USB, running bridge 1.7 571 on dietpi.

Description Of Issue

This was running fine prior to 1.8, and possibly prior to build 756 but can’t verify now, only noticed in the last few days.

Now every time I turn the DAC off, the endpoint goes away as it did before, but it doesn’t come back when the DAC is turned back on. The only thing that brings it back is restarting the core app on the mini. Although the Pi and “Living Room” endpoint is still displayed in settings.

This happens consistently, every time I power cycle the DAC while never did before, there have been no other changes to my setup apart from roon updates.

Yup, having the same issue.

I came up with a work around for this, this Pi has a Hifiberry hat from when I used my old DAC. If I enable this endpoint, then the USB endpoint does come back after a power cycle, even though I am not using the Hifi berry.

@Colozeus maybe give this a try?

Edit. I made the second zone private so it doesn’t show up in my list and this workaround still works. USB dac comes back after a power cycle.

Same with my Yamaha endpoint, have to restart core everytime. I’m pretty sure they are aware of this one, I’d expect a patch for this quite quickly

Can you try enabling an additional endpoint on your Pi and seeing if it comes back? Worked for me.

Same sort of problem here:

After looking at some set up items, Roon suddenly says: No audio devices connected.

As you can see on the screenshot, the Kii Control is connected but no music anymore.

Core machine: Latest Catalina on Mac Mini with SSD latest Roon
Remote: iPad with latest Roon update
Mac Mini directly connected to Kii Control
About 14000 CD’s in Library

Apologies for the trouble! Please see this post:

Thanks. Though my workaround is holding, by enabling an endpoint that persists even when the dac goes off, the USB dac comes back when turned back on.

Thanks, SBR - will try your workaround for my NAD D 3045 but hoping this fix comes soon - other than this super-annoying bug, 1.8 looks nice and is working for me.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.