USB device does not get recognised after being reconnected

Roon Core Machine

Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.15.4-051504-generic x86_64), Mac Pro 2013 (trash can), 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Ivy Bridge-EP Xeon E5-1650 v2 with 12 MB L3 cache, 16gb (four 4 GB) of DDR3 ECC at 1866 MHz (up to 60 GB/s)

Roon version 1.8 (build 1021)
Ropieeexl 1.8 (build 943)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi UDM Pro–>Unifi USW-Lite-8-PoE–>Ethernet port on Mac Pro

Connected Audio Devices

Burson Audio Conductor 3XR connected with USB Audio 2 ALSA drivers

Number of Tracks in Library

5731 tracks

Description of Issue

Burson DAC/headphone amp is connected to the Mac Pro (running Ubuntu) and shows in the audio list (settings->audio)

Power off Burson DAc/headphone amp and device disappears from the audio device list (as expected):

Power back on the Burson DAC/headphone amp and device reappears in the list of devices but shows as “device not found”:

Click on the gear wheel and try reconnection - device connects ok.

Expected result is that the DAC is both recognised (it is) AND reconnects automatically (it does not)

Hi @John_Maton ,

Are you still seeing this behavior in Roon 2.0? Do you notice the issue when you are in the regular MacOS environment? Your setup is a bit on the #tinkering side since you’re running Ubuntu on a Mac, but I’d be curious to know if anything has changed since your post.

Apologies, Just packed up all of my equipment for a move to another country. It will be a few weeks before I can test the specific setup again. I will report back when I get my Mac Pro delivered.

1 Like

I have made the same experience: Connect my ifi DAC via USB to my Mac Pro and my headphones and configured and named that audio device – everything is working as expected.
After shutting the DAC off und trying to reconnect it later on, I have to reconfigure it. Roon should remember this device, but it doesn’t.
Core 2.0 and Roon client 2.0

To just enter a data point, my DAC doesn’t need reconfiguration after a power cycle.
Setup is:
Win 11 autologin, Roon 2.0/1128 server autostart, SMSL M300MkII with XMOS ASIO driver, directly connected via Intona USB Isolator (same behavior with all prior Roon versions).

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.