USB device does not get recognized after being reconnected_unresolved

Continuing the discussion from USB device does not get recognised after being reconnected:

Roon Server Machine

Mac Mini running Ubuntu 22.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Parasound P6 2.1 Channel Preamplifier & DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Mac Mini worked with Roon fine until I installed Ubuntu 22.04 - Mac OSx was not a supported version for Roon 2.0

Has anyone resolved this issue??

These are screenshots showing issue

After powering my Parasound amp back on, “device cannot be found”

After clicking refresh button, device shows available.

Hi @Michael_Guy,

Thank you for your post.

RoonServer is likely creating an entirely new Zone for the Parasound when it announces itself after losing sight of the mounted USB endpoint. Active DSP configurations on the affected Zone will influence this behavior - are you using any DSP with the Parasound when this occurs?

What happens if you refresh RAATServer entirely?

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings → Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder

Thank you!

I can not find a way to generate a new RAATServer. There is no “factory settings” in settings/Audio tab.

Running the headless version of Roon server on Ubuntu 22.04, I also don’t know how to stop the service as I have it set to auto start… I am NOT a very experience Ubuntu user, I only installed it to support Roon 2

Hi @Michael_Guy,

To generate a new RAATServer, you’ll need to locate the RAATServer folder location in Ubuntu and rename it. See the steps above.

There are instructions for how to find the database location on Linux in the link in my previous post.

Please let me know if we can clarify further.