USB Headset (with Realtek HD) not working

@support
Eric, We disabled the driver and there is no change in behavior. Gary

Hi @Gary_Cardinale ----- Thank you for touching base with me and sharing the results of the proposed test.

Moving forward, I know @Rugby had asked about any potential firewall settings or active antivirus applications running on the remote PC early on and you had mentioned that the audio devices were recognized by the machine. It is important to note that an active security setting could very well indeed disrupt the ability play content via the application despite the fact that the headphones are appearing in the “audio” tab.

Rugby: “Also, does Roon recognize any endpoint on the remote PC, like the Realtek Audio? If not, then the issue might be anti-virus or firewall running on the remote computer is blocking the Roon Server from discovering audio devices on the remote machine.”

You: “Audio devices are recognized on this machine.”

Before we try completely uninstalling the RealTek driver, can you please confirm that the remote PC does not have any active firewalls on it.

-Eric

@support
We have Bitdefender installed and it has a firewall. I am not going to operate a computer without a firewall. Do you just want this temporarily disabled? Gary

1 Like

Speaking for Eric I know, but yes this would be temporary, just a quick test to help track down where the problem lies

1 Like

Thanks @Carl!

Yes @Gary_Cardinale, please disable these functions temporarily to verify if there are any changes in behavior with the G35s :thumbsup:

-Eric

@support
We disabled the firewall and the result is no different. Gary Cardinale

Thank you @Gary_Cardinale for sharing your observations with us after having performed the proposed test. The update and feedback are both very appreciated!

Moving forward, may I kindly ask you to please completely remove the RealTek driver from the mentioned laptop and confirm if this action triggers a change in behavior with the G35s.

-Eric

@support
We removed the RealTek driver from the computer and it did not change the behaviour of the headset. Still no sound through the headset. Gary

Thanks for getting back to me @Gary_Cardinale, the update is appreciated!

Doing a bit more research into the G35s after having read your latest and I see that the head set can be used for multichannel playback. When the device is being used with Roon is it set to receive stereo or multichannel? If it is the latter, I would recommend configuring the headset to receive stereo content and verify if this action triggers a change in behavior.

-Eric

@support
Well we tried that also to no avail. Still no output.

Thanks for the update @Gary_Cardinale.

I am going to re-enable diagnostics on your account, so the next time that Roon is launched on your core machine and the remote device with the G35s, I can attach an up to date diagnostics report (i.e v1.4 b294) to your ticket for the tech team to evaluate. I will be sure to follow up with once it has been received.

All the best to you and your family this holiday season!
-Eric

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with Logitech G935 headset