USB issues with caldigit thunderbolt dock and windows

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10, Caldigit TS3 Plus dock, Roon 1.7 build 571- playback machine
MacOS X 10.14.6, Roon 1.7 build 571 - core host

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

intel i210 gigabit adapter

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

mytek brooklyn

Description Of Issue

When connecting the brooklyn to my windows laptop through the caldigit dock, Roon will begin playing songs, but eventually static appears in the output, and eventually roon stops playback with a ‘roon lost control of the audio device message’. Here’s what’s showing up in the log on the core machine when playback stops:

07/27 19:15:28 Trace: [Mytek ASIO Driver] [Lossless, 16/44 ALAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 2:55/4:42] Dark-Eyed Sister - Harold Budd / Brian Eno / Daniel Lanois

07/27 19:15:32 Trace: [Mytek USB Audio] [raatclient] GOT [6] {“status”:“Lost”,“reason”:{“reason”:“device_reset”}}

07/27 19:15:32 Trace: [Mytek ASIO Driver] [zoneplayer/raat] Got ‘lost’ response

07/27 19:15:32 Trace: [Mytek ASIO Driver] [zoneplayer/raat] Endpoint Mytek USB Audio State Changed: Playing => Idle

07/27 19:15:32 Trace: [Mytek ASIO Driver] [zoneplayer/raat] lost endpoint. stopping stream

This only happens when using windows machines connected through the dock. If the usb cable from the mytek is plugged directly into the laptop this problem does not occur. Format of the songs being played does not change the behavior one way or the other, and I’ve tried both the WASAPI and ASIO drivers on the windows machine. I’ve also verified that the firmware on the ts3 plus dock and the drivers on the windows laptop are up to date.

I also have some mac laptops in the house, none of them have any problems playing back tracks through the same dock to the brooklyn.
I’d like to see if there’s a way I can configure things so that the USB connection through the dock works for windows as well. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Nicholas_Kalister,

Is the behavior the same if you try to use one of the other USB ports on the Dock?

A post was split to a new topic: Issue with TS3 Plus Dock and Fostex DAC

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.