Using Roon with the LMS-to-uPnP project

@Trickydickie: Thanks for your answer.I now found a different solution. I bought a upnp bridge from small green computers. With this item everything works perfectly.

1 Like

Anyone else have problems with the latest release of the LMS squeeze2upnp software?
Roon had been playing up the last few days; first I updated and rebooted my Audiostore Server. As a result I “lost” a couple rooms; all fine with the Naim app but Roon was not working. I then updated LMS (1.48 released yesterday as opposed to 1.47 that was released on 24th Jan); now all my rooms have been found but no sound comes out of the chosen system, except for my MacMini and Apple TV / Sony TV.

On the Roon screen the music bar does not move, whilst the zone window shows music is playing (see screen shot).

Add images

I’ve been running 1.49 without issue and just updated to 1.49.1 still no issue.

I just want to set a Pointer to my new Roon Extension.

Currently free of charge in the test phase…

rooUPnP: Finally a Roon Extension for UPnP Streamers - Audio Products - Roon Labs Community

2 Likes

I am currently testing the extension. I have two questions about it:

1. I have a “Sonos One”. I would like to control this in also as a Squeeze device. So I could include it in a group with other Squeeze-Devices.
  2. Is there a way to synchronize Squeeze devices in a group? This is otherwise also possible with Roon. Unfortunately I have found nothing.

Hi All.
I am trying to get a uPnP streamer connect to roon via my windows 10 pc.
I have been following all these comments and they seem very helpful, however i am having trouble trying to do the most basic thing . That is, install Squeeze2upnp on Windows 10.
All the instructions mention using the executable squeeze2upnp-win.exe.
However I cannot find this file anywhere . Could someone point me in the right direction?
I have tried running squeeze2upnp.exe and I keep getting the error “The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)”
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
David.

1 Like

There was a major version change since last posts and squeeze2upnp.exe and squeeze2upnp-static.exe are the correct version.

I’m not using it on regular bases anymore but tried now current version and it works fine on Win10.

Check the support thread - Announce: UPnPBridge = integrate UPnP/DLNA players with LMS (squeeze2upnp)
There are some prerequisities for non-static version mentioned. Maybe you don’t have them installed?

OK thanks for that.
Its sort of working now. Had more success with the static version.
I just need to fiddle a bit more.
Looking better
Thanks David.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/stream-apple-music-to-roon/226267/5

Hi all, I already managed to have uPNP working with Roon and a Marantz NA6005, using squeeze2upnp.exe, stand alone. Now I’d like to fine tune and I was guessing if there’s a doc that explains all options available on config.xml file.

Many thanks,

Jorge.

You have it most probably in your installation in doc folder
And here: LMS-uPnP/doc at master · philippe44/LMS-uPnP · GitHub

You’re absolutely right !!! sorry for jumping to tweaking without reading first.

Using a QNAP NAS, what how to run squeeze2upnp ?

I was running it as a service on Win VM hosted in Virtualization Station.

When I went to this “documentation” page which I assume is documentation, everything is in “code” format?

I am not the “programmer” type so how does one get browser to render the .htm page on github properly?

I don’t even know which files to download so I can install them on my Windows 11 so help is much appreciated.

This isn’t a user guide. If you want instructions follow links from GitHub page to the slim devices forum where all things LMS are.

2 Likes

Finally got LMS running on my macOS steadily for some time. I even created an auto-start app using AppleScript so it will launch automatically upon OS start up.

The only “deficiency” now is Roon doesn’t seem to send cover art to my AVR when playback through LMS. Does anyone know if cover art is supported by LMS? Maybe this is a Roon issue?

Doesn’t send cover art via the plugin via Roon.

I wonder if this is LMS limitaiton or Roon limitation? Does anyone know?

LMS has the best sound quality to my AVR out of everything I tested!

Kind of both…

LMS to UPnP relies on the metadata coming from the LMS system. The ROON integration doesn’t access this.

Would require some significant recoding of LMS2UPnP … i