Version 918 feedback

Installed on 2 iOS devices, ROCK, and updated 3 RopieeeXLs with no issue.

I think it’s faster to load images and pages - not sure if the DNS request cacheing(not sure if that’s exactly what it is?) update should have performance implications, but initial reaction is that it feels snappier on iOS devices.

2 Likes

I also find it to be a lot snappier. Nice. Pity the playlist bug is not included in the release

1 Like

A couple of hours after updating, I can no longer connect to my Roon Core from any of my remotes. I have tried restarting everything and my network (Wifi) is fine otherwise.

Edit: Please ignore this – I will post it in Support after a little bit more testing.

Not the place to notify an issue…better open a #support thread

2 Likes

To be fair ‘918 broke my Roon’ is feedback…

5 Likes

Smooth sailing so far.

I notice this morning roon sometimes skip tracks. Bad internet?

yes but post here will not get you support - if its broke you need support

1 Like

Sad to see After lockscreen loosing position in playlists on iOS still being not addressed.
Playlists are still an area of Roon needing some work.

Agreed, but your comment made it sound like a request for ‘good news only please’. Many responses here could easily end up as Support requests depending upon severity.

4 Likes

I never said that…come on we have all been around long enough to know that broken roon is not just a feedback thing. User has been around 6 years and only one post today.

I’m all for feedback but posting youv’e got an issue and then silence is not helping yourself or roon.

1 Like

I can confirm that it seems the issue with album and track splitting when adding new albums is solved.

3 Likes

The upgrade to build 918 went very smoothly for me with no issues so far.

Last night, it even appeared that build 918 may have resolved my longstanding ‘missing metadata on the now-playing screen’ issue. This would be a huge positive for me, and if this is the case then I would assume that the ‘DNS Request Caching’ changes in this build have had something to do with the fix.

However, I have had quite a few false dawns with this issue in the past and so I will continue to test today using Roon Radio.

The new build also appears to have (for me at least) significantly reduced the time it takes for the ‘Home’, ‘Tidal’ and ‘Qobuz’ pages to load. On the Tidal page, I would occasionally have to reload the page to get it to display fully. Haven’t experienced that with build 918 so far.

So in summary, for me this build has ticked all the boxes so far. I hope that most of the rest of you will have similar experiences!

For info: I run Roon Rock on an Intel NUC 8i5, and use the Roon control app on a Windows 10 PC as my major control for Roon. I have yet to fully test my iPad equivalent.

2 Likes

But support are fast asleep in bed , and once again a Roon release breaks things.
Mine can’t see any devises again, non of my radio stations work.

My feedback is for what is supposed to be a premium service it’s poor and support will just be overwhelmed by a poor ticket structure.

The last thing i want to do in the morning is jump out of bed to start rebooting my core and trying to fix Roon.

Rant over.
Back to Sonos and Tidal Connect that just work and are free.

I am not saying feedback is not appropriate but that without a support ticket you are only giving feedback.

Freakishly improved SQ with 918. It’s an unbelievably clear soundstage.
All instruments separated on a whole new level never heard it that good before.
Kilos of grunty bass power - how can software be that good?
Everything with 918 defines a new age of sound. So glad to have updated.

However - decent. Thx

7 Likes

Already first of April? :wink:

1 Like

Bit early but wanted to be the first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can hear colours now.

6 Likes

Happened once but Roon wasn’t the reason :wink:

4 Likes