Very very slow when I open Roon or go to an artist page

I removed my question since Roon does not answer it.
Waste of time.

2 Likes

Hi @RJ_V

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

How often does this happen?

Can you provide some examples of times when Roon is going slow, including what you’re trying to open and how long it takes?

Have you rebooted everything including the network equipment?

Another suggestion that often comes up is changing dns to 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.4.4.
But I tend to agree, since the last update, things do seem a little slower.

1 Like

You didn’t say anything about troubleshooting so I asked. It sounds like roon doesn’t like your network as you have two symptoms.
Control points not seeing the roon server and your server not seeing the roon servers properly hence the slowdowns.
If possible as a temporary test use the Mac as client and server and connect it to the switch on the router and see if things speed up.

1 Like

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will give it a try later today.

Changing DNS seems to work. I did not notice the sluggish Roon behavior yet. I will see the coming week.

1 Like

I removed my post. It seems useless to get a proper answer from Roon…
Customer service is not what it should be. This isn ‘t the first time. Not even the second…nor the third.