Vodafone Italy w/ Vodafone Power Station: Port Forwarding Required Manual Configuration

Hi group!
I downloaded ARC and it is working great via Wi Fi. However, I keep getting a “poor connection” error when I try Cellular Data and music won’t start.
For the records, I have 5G full signal on my iPhone 5.
I also tried the “bandwidth optimized” option for cellular playback, but it not solving the issue.
I heard other people with the same issue.

Anything else we could try?

Can you make sure that in your Roon settings under “Roon ARC” you see this “Ready” message?

Seems like I am not ready :grimacing:

Hi @alessandro_niola,

I’ve redacted your post to remove your IP information, but we’ve gathered the diagnostic information we needed.

Thank you for the report and sorry to hear that you’ve encountered an issue. It sounds like there’s a setting in your local network preventing your Core from successfully reaching ARC, so we’ll want to gather a few network details to troubleshoot your port forwarding. If you don’t mind, would you clarify the following?

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

Thanks Connor, here are the info required

1. Who is your internet service provider? Vodafone (Italy)
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Vodafone Power Station
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? Nope
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security? Nope
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet? Rock installed on a NUC i3, hardwired to the router
1 Like

I fixed it!
Opening the port indicated bu Roon on my router did the trick.
All good now
Thanks!

1 Like

Great to hear, @alessandro_niola!

Do you mind if we move your thread over to the list of solutions we are gathering here, so other users with Vodafone Italy can benefit from your experience?

Routers and ISPs