Volume control not working with HQPlayer since 1353

Roon Core Machine

MacMini M1 2020

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear Orbi. Ethernet.

Connected Audio Devices

Roon Server and HQPlayer Desktop (4.22.1) on MacMini M1. NAA running on old MacMini(Ethernet) connected with USB to DAC.

Number of Tracks in Library

29000 tracks

Description of Issue

Since update, volume control from Roon app is not working. Stuck on whatever value I set it on in HQPlayer.

Not resolved.

Still nothing. Is there any other way to raise a support ticket?

Hi @Marten_Skoger,

Thanks for writing in and for your patience! Could you please reproduce the issue and share the specific date, time and name of the track playing when the issue occurs?

Once you let me know this info, I’ll go ahead and enable diagnostics for your account so I can review the logging for clues.

If you’d rather do it yourself manually, please use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

Hi! This happens all the time with every track. Tested now with Karen Elson - Green. 22.15 CET. I’m changing the volume slider or +/- in Roon, but the value just bounces back to what is pre-set in HQPlayer. Is that enough info?

More info in this HQPlyer thread. Volume control not working in Roon w. HQPlayer

Hi @Marten_Skoger,

Thanks for sharing.

Can you please temporarily disable this setup and see if you can reproduce the issue?

Sure, running this now with the PowerMate puck disconnected and its SW off. No difference. Volume still bouncing back to whatever HQPlayer has it set to.

Build 1357 did NOT solve this.

Hi @Marten_Skoger,

Thanks for the update.

Is Direct SDM enabled with HQPlayer? I’d disable this and see if your issue reproduces.

With that, is Device Volume for the HQPlayer Zone (Device Setup) selected in Roon?

Hi,

No, no Direct SDM

Yes, ”Device volume” in Roon Volume control
on HQPlayer Device setup.

Hi @Marten_Skoger,

Thanks for your continued patience. As a next step, I’d reinstall HQplayer, and perhaps toggle on - then off - Direct SDM and see if that helps.

If you exclude HQplayer, do you have any issues with volume control?

What I’ve tested, volume is working fine for me, under following conditions:

1. Volume control enabled in HQPlayer
  2. RoonServer running on Debian 12
  3. Roon app running on iPad

I have reinstalled both HQPlayer and Roon Server. No luck.

I now installed Roon Bridge on my HQPlayer NAA computer, connected to DAC. (Server and HQPlayer runs on other, main computer). This works as expected.

Still not possible to control volume from Roon to HQPlayer. The other way around works; changing volume in HQPlayer changes volume in Roon UI.

Still not resolved.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.