Volume goes to max on its own - Android 12 now 13 still doing it

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Seen this issue before but doing it again for me. Pc running room controller Motorola android phone. As reported before . Doesn’t do it all the time but . Once it starts volume goes up automatically on its own to max

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon interface volume plus and minus buttons (+/-) sometimes get stuck [Ticket In]

Hi @Simon_Howarth

I’m just a fellow Roon user.

I’ve added Android 12 to your threads title, as this seems similar to some on iOS devices, and wouldn’t want to see confusion over that for you.

I have experienced this on the later releases of Android 12, but since being on 13 I haven’t noticed this.

Have you got a Android 13 update pending?

Which model Motorola do you have.

Also, when you post in the Support category there’s a template to complete. Sometimes this helps immensely.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Thanks for the reply.
It’s a Motorola g82. 5g
Android 13 doesn’t seem to be available currently.
Phone system info says up to date

1 Like

Out of curiosity what are your endpoints?

End points various but so far happend with Kef ls50ii wireless . And an Auralic Vega G2 (wired to network)

Still doing it . Phone now android 13

Currently doing it on ps audio direct stream dac with bridge ll
Help!!

Have you set volume limits for each device ? This should stop Roon going to full as a precaution. Its not a cure but will help until @support show up.

2 Likes

This is why I’ve swapped to Android as my primary Roon Remote device. Volume limits are definitely worth doing, good suggestion @Simon_Arnold3

Another suggestion is an automation setup to automatically lower your iPhones volume upon exiting Roon. There’s a thread somewhere with this mentioned by Roon support. I’ll try and dig it out.

Found it

Conversation continued here:

1 Like