Volume problems

Roon Server Machine

Innuos ZENMini Mk3 roon core, newest update.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I use regular fixed internet
using Innuos Zen Mk3 connected to Esoteric N-05Xd

Connected Audio Devices

USB from Innuos to Esoteric player

Number of Tracks in Library

mostly streams but has maybe 20 albums ripped from cd with the zen mini mk3

Description of Issue

Volume runs to 100% like crazy, why? Just happens out of the blue, no hint, just suddenly it happens when I touch the digital control. I have set a limit in Roon so that the volume does not go further than 60% when it happened last time. Almost blew up the speakers.
Here is a link to a video that describes the problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3jmGKjqPfYR6uG2L8

I know this has been reported/posted before, just wanted to let you see the video of what is going on. Glad i have set a limit on volume in Roon. For the record, i am using Android app on both tablet and phone.

Similar problem: Massive Problem: Volume control running to 100%, uncontrollable!

It’s pretty annoying. I’ve heard that if you disable Lock Screen controls on the Setup tab of Roon Settings on Android, the problem goes away…or at least is less frequent.

Hi @Oyvind_S,
Thank you for your patience while we worked through the queue. If you can provide the date, time, and track playing when the volume issue occurred we will activate diagnostics on your account and look into this further.

Stream from Qobuz 7. december.

First video, time 19:56: Magdalena Kozena, ‘Ah! mio cor’ Handel: Arias - Track 1

Second video, time 19:59: Magdalena Kozena, French Arias - Track 13

@Oyvind_S Thank you for providing the information and recordings. I’ll bring this information to the rest of the team ;