Waiting for remote core

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core is a Mac desktop with latest software.
Connected via wifi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
iPad or iPhone.

Description Of Issue
Seems every day now when I open Roon I get “Waiting for remote core” I am paying for software that is not functioning properly.

If I reboot my computer it usually fixes it but that’s not the point. I would like for my fee to be prorated.
Does this seem unreasonable?

Hi @John_Hewer,

Are you running Roon and RoonServer on the same machine? Are other remotes able to connect okay or are all remotes exhibiting this issue?

No to first question and All remotes. Seems to happen everyday. I close Roon core and reopen and
still nothing. I then reboot computer and reopen Roon and I’m kicked out of
Tidal. I then log into Tidal again and then Roon remote works.
Rinse repeat on a daily basis

running a core connected via wifi is not recommended.

1 Like

No to first question and yes all remotes exhibit same behaviour

Technically the core is wired to my wifi extender but I have no issues with wifi otherwise so I don’t believe this is the issue

Ok so maybe you are also using Apple ape’s too? If you don’t want to bother with trying to do some proper non WiFi based troubleshooting I can’t offer much else to try.

Maybe read the networking Best practices

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

1 Like

Sorry I’m unclear on what you mean? I’m using Roon on either my iPhone/iPad or mini

Hi @John_Hewer,

So to be clear, everything is working okay on the Core machine but it’s just that your remotes have trouble connecting, correct?

Has this always been the case or is this a recent change?

Also, as noted above and in our Networking Guide, we always recommend that you connect to the network via Ethernet. I understand this might not always be possible, but it would be helpful to know if that results in any change here.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Waiting for remote Core error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.