Watched folders no longer autoupdating

Roon Core Machine

1. Intel NUC 8 Mainstream Kit (NUC8i7BEH) - Core i7, Tall
2. # Crucial 8GB Single DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200)
3. # SAMSUNG 970 EVO Plus SSD 250GB NVMe M.2 Internal Solid State Hard Drive

Roon Server Software
Version 2.0 (build 1179) earlyaccess

Operating System
Version 1.0 (build 254) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet Connection to NUC
Apple Airport extreme
No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

NUC HDMI Connection to Oppo BluRay

Use MacBook Air 13.0.1, iPad Pro, Android Pixel 5, Windows 10 to connect to ROCK via the network by wifi.

Music library connected by USB to the NUC

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

My Library stopped automatically updating changes to my watched folders. This started several early access updates ago, but had worked reliably for years with this set up.

I recently also moved the music library to a new USB drive which I re-formatted to exFAT on MAC, WD 5TB Elements Portable HDD, External Hard Drive, USB 3.0. This was done to solve the problem of my old NTFS WD drive not being detected after the last Roon Operating system update.

I can successfully force a rescan of the library to add the changes to the library folders but changes are no longer automatically updating in ROON.

Yep, I ran into the same problem with ROCK where my music files were on an internal drive. I let it sit for 5 hours and it never updated. Forcing a scan also did nothing. The only thing that worked was to restart ROCK.

Happened once and hasn’t happen since, maybe 5 or 6 music addition cycles since.

Rebooting hasn’t helped me since this started.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.