What are you drinking now? [Pair with music for double points]

4 Likes

1 Like

Cheers! Also partial to Highland Park as we’ve got a dear friend in Stromness. Had the pleasure to visit the distillery a few years ago. I highly recommend the trip!

1 Like

RoonShareImage-636815278459562934

1 Like

5 Likes

Sipping Glendronach Peated and listening to Simon & Garfunkel’s “Bookends”

RoonShareImage-636820458917734819

Happy New Year!!

2 Likes

RoonShareImage-636821371880786429

This smoked maple bourbon is deadly - 90 proof and it feels like you’re drinking soda - very good but extremely dangerous!

By the way am I the only lush around here? Which is quite funny since I only have one drink a day (being a lifelong migraine sufferer has that limiting effect on one’s alcohol consumption).

2 Likes

Love Omara. Saw her live last year in Bucharest, Rumania of all places.

1 Like

There are a great number of Scotch and Bourbon drinkers here. Any gin connoisseurs?

2 Likes

Yep!

4 Likes

3 Likes

Which Monk tune was playing? Straight No Chaser, I would hope.

1 Like

Ha!.. Yes!

RoonShareImage-636835148482124172

Warming things up with some Afro-beat and bourbon before tonight’s winter storm.

1 Like

A couple of weeks ago, pairs well with Hamilton soundtrack!

2 Likes

2015 Martinelli Lolita Pinot Noir with Jarvi’s new Sibelius symphony cycle c the Orchestre de Paris! Both r delish!

5 Likes

RoonShareImage-636835291391433090

2 Likes

Since tonight’s happy hour featured playoff football rather than music I figured that I’d post something from when my wife and I were down in Jamaica two weeks ago. I didn’t post it at the time because I was on vacation and wasn’t playing on the Internet and anyway the Internet and cellular were both painfully slow.

A few words of explanation:
I was not streaming via Roon so I was using Tidal, which worked great and has some really first rate playlists.
The audio was provided via bluetooth to my UE MegaBoom speaker, which is an excellent portable bluetooth speaker with great sound and battery life.
The drink was good old Jim Beam since the bourbon selection in Jamaica is rather limited.
The shot was taken while enjoying happy hour and sunset from our terrace.

Below are two other shots taken from the terrace.

7 Likes