What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

Yes. But not the standard version. The one I heard had Modwright inspired updates I think. It did sound fabulous.

1 Like
  1. Cambridge Azur 851 N
  2. Elac Discovery 101
  3. Denon DAC USB300

A post was split to a new topic: Does the Atoll DAC 300 work with the Roon Nucleus over USB

Currently using

Bryston BDA-3
Auralic Vega

I think I will probably go back to the Audio Note DAC 2.1x Sig I had before as I can’t find anything that sounds better :frowning:

1 Like

Use the DAC in my Naim Uniti Nova

Atoll DAC300

Enjoying an Audio Note 4.1x Signature DAC in an all Audio Note system. Heaven.

1 Like

4 Topping DACs, CA DacMagic Plus, Focusrite Clarett 2Pre and other I2S DACs

Cambridge audio edge nq
Sonos devices but too bad there is no way(airplay 2 does not sync, not Roon ready so not possible that way, also not possible using ca dac magic 100 -> analog in on Sonos connect) to getting them to play in sync with the edge.

A few years ago I set up a system using PS Audio Direct Stream Junior with their BHK pre amp and BHK amp. Bought it used but still pricey but always thought it sounded great.
I needed to set up another system for a different location and this time I bought an RME ADI-2 FS connected directly to a Nord Audio amplifier. Sounds easily as good or better than the PS audio gear at a fraction of the price. Cant recommend enough.

Just visiting the old man (dad) for the Xmas holidays and I added a Focsurite Scarlett 18i20 Gen3 to his speaker system.

I converted his favourite ~50 year old Heil AMT speakers to DSP actives.

I’m using Audiolense to create the the 3 way DSP crossover and digital room EQ convolution filters… And HQPlayer to handle the convolution itself and up-sampling.

Using 6-channels of the Focusrite to feed the amps which directly power each driver - and subwoofers.

I shed a lot of tears trying to get this working but now that it works really great, all he has to do is hit play in Roon and voila, it just works :grin:

A great project though and lots learnt.

3 Likes

Two days ago, Santa Claus brought me these…
I was a good kid this year and I hope to enjoy ROON more!

12 Likes

You should be patient and put them under the tree :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I am! I put M Scaler under the tree! I don’t now how match I will wait!!

Living room: TEAC NT-505
Hobby room: Pi3+ and HiFi Berry DAC
Don’t use HqPlayer.

Made a few updates.

Core is now a NUC8i7BEH built with a Samsung 32gb DDR4 memory, Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB - M.2 NVMe and a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB 2.5 Inch SATA III.

Also swapped out the LS50 for a pair of R3’s.

Network consists of gigabit fiber internet and Ubiquiti UDM-Pro, US-8-150w and a UAP-AC-HD. All audio gear and the NUC are connected via Ethernet.

Endpoint remains the same, a Cambridge CXN v2.

Border Patrol SE-i DAC ($1450) + MicroRendu 1.4 ($870)

new Khadas TB2 coming. nothing else.

SONCOZ LA-QXD1 (£209.99) fed via coax from a Bluesound Node 2i.

Finally found one of these:

A lovely sounding DAC (and decent streamer on it’s own) with PCM384 and DSD128 natively through it’s USB port.

4 Likes