What DAC do you use with Roon? Please list make and model (and price if you feel like adding it) [2016 - 2021-03]

but not roon ready, correct?

I don’t think DENON & MARANTZ will ever be ROON Ready…

No, that wont happen with this one. (it was launched in 2013).
It is not Roon Tested either, but it works just fine nevertheless!
I use the graphics from the SA10 which looks identical! :slight_smile:

Despite really liking the sound of the Soncoz and it’s diminutive proportions, I started to have micro-glitches in sound output. I persevered with different suggestions from other owners including trying out different power supplies. In the end, I returned it to the retailer for a refund. I’m now running with a Topping DX7 Pro DAC/Headphone Amp. The Topping is in a different league entirely and the build quality is superb. It can also comfortably drive a 300ohm headphone to hearing damaging levels.

In my “Man Cave”, I have a Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 100 connected to the core feeding a heavy modded WAD HD83 (ECL83 tube powered) headphone amp driving a pair of Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pros, EQd by a convolution filter. I have to wear closed back cans in there as the Synology Rackstation which runs the core is only a few of feet away.

Weiss DAC 501 fed via Audioquest Diamond USB from Auralic Aries G1 with hoerwege PSU

Cyrus One Cast with the internal DAC and an Audioquest Forest USB cable from Intel NUC 8 Pro Kit BKNUC8v5PNH

1 Like

Roon Nucleus --> ModWright KWI 200 with integrated hiFace DAC

2 Likes

HifiBerry DAC2 HD + DSP Add-On Board

Same DAC as I posted a while ago (Aqua La Scala MkII Optologic) but have recently changed the tubes from Gold Lion to The New “Select” tubes Aqua now use.

Wow!!

1 Like

V nice. Did you consider trying HQPlayer? There are some that use it now instead of the Mscaler and saved themselves a fortune.

I use 3+ DAC:

• Matrix element M (main Hifi)
  • Lyngdorf 1120 (family room)
  • Terratec Producer Phase 26 USB (office)
  • a few sonos speakers (2 play 1 and 1 play 5)

Looking to replace the terratec which is used as a headphone amp out of an iMac.

1 Like
  • NAD Bluos streamer Dac C658
  • 2x Sonos Play 1 (L + R)
3 Likes

Gold Note DS 10

2 Likes

I use a Yggdrasil Analog 2 version in my main listening room and a Multibit Bifrost in my office!

2 Likes

Schiit Modi 3+ fed by a RPi4 running RopieeeXL.
Not running HQPlayer.

i’m interested in one of these. how do you find it?

SMSL M500 connected to Sennheiser HD700 with my iMac (MQA enabled) and Hifiberry Digi+ Pro with a RPI4 connected to my AV Receiver in the Living Room

From my local dealer (in Izmir/Turkey) of Gold Note products

sorry, i meant how do you like it?

IFI NEO iDSD

Around $1000.00 CAD

Honestly worth every penny.