What network streamer are you using with your DAC?

Aurender W20SE .Expensive but not one moments grief .

Lindemann Limetree into Denafrips Ares ii. Both fantastic bits of kit. And both companies have excellent customer support in my direct experience.

Raspberry Pi with some add on boards from Ian Canada to improve the clock and data and to get a I2S output to feed my DAC
The Pi is also getting its DC voltage via Ian canada power supply

1 Like

Lumin U1 Mini feeding a Bryston BDA-3 DAC. The Lumin replaced an UltraRendu and was a definite sonic improvement.

Full integrated Naim Atom Roon Ready amplifier, then my Roon core into RME AdI 2 DAC, 2 pi’s into DACs, and two into hats, Sonos Arc speaker , Squeezebox Radio speaker JBL Link 20 speaker, my Hiby R5 DAP which is a streamer and DAC.

2 Likes

I use DAC3 from Benchmark media. Did a (single) blind comparison with NAIM NDX2 (with separate extra power) streaming directly from QOBUZ , and the DAC3 connected via USB to a NUC running Rock and Roon. Latter was the clear winner with regards to sound quality. Not by a landslide, but clear enough.

Roon via Naim Roon-ready was even a little worse for the SQ.

Since then, sold anything Naim 2nd hand, and replaced it with Benchmark media, for better SQ (in my personal opinion) and plenty extra cash in my pocket.

RPI4 with GentooPlayer as Diretta audio network protocol 'target, fed from Desktop HQPlayer on Win10 as source/host for Diretta via Diretta ASIO drivers. Soundwise this beats RoopieeeXL, Moode or Volumio or any other streamer that I have heard so far. By far!

1 Like

SOtM sMS-200ultra Neo

Finally settled on the A Capella III from Musica Pristina. All US made Streamer, certified Roon Ready and it has I2S output!
Wonderful streamer with very low noise floor and fantastic sound into my Directstream DAC.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

hello. i am using hifiberry dac hd and bang & olufsen powered speakers.

1 Like

My main setup in the living room is a NAD T 758 V3i running BluOS.

2 Likes

ND5XS2 streamer and DAC combo from Naim.

1 Like

ifi Zen Stream

1 Like

Ifi Stream for me.

1 Like

iFi Zen Stream for my main setup into a Schiit Modius, then a RPi4 with Ropieee into my Schiit Bifrost 2 for my headphone stack.

Have also used a spare NUC running ROCK in the past.

1 Like

Gold Note DS-10 with PSU 10 EVO power supply…
Baetis Audio Prodigy 2 computer…
and soon a Sonore UltraRendu with LPS 1.2 (just for kicks)

3 Likes

RPi4 with 7” screen running Ropiee
USB out to RME ADI-2 DAC FS

2 Likes

Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical.

Bryston 3.14 Streamer/DAC

lenovo m720 tiny + windows 10 + roon app