What network streamer are you using with your DAC?

Speaker system - MicroRendu into Bifrost 5th gen
Headphone system Currently my Mac, about to get a Chromecast Audio into Mojo

Naim system - Lumin U1 Mini into Naim NAC-N 272; PS Audio system - Sonore Optical Rendu into PS Audio Stellar Strata

Using RasPi4 + HifiBerry DIGI PRO2. OS is DietPi. Optical out into ECDesign MOS24 DAC. Great!

Cheers
Bernie from Vienna

1 Like

Linn Klimax Dsm “Katalyst” with an UpTone Audio EitherREGEN fed from an AfterDark KingPlus external clock.(adding the clock was like a Linn hardware upgrade). Beautiful sounding!

I now have the new Linn Klimax DSM3 “Organic” on order.
I can hardly wait….it’s sublime……!

I’ve been with Linn streamers from the beginning. They just seem so musical, with great rhythm and pace to me.

Cheers!

Nucleus USB → Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 → PS Audio DSD
Now on the cable journey which may be over for a while. Harmonic Technology HDMI (I2S) and Cardas Clear USB.

Kenwood BM450

Streamer and DAC. Cary DMS-700.

Main system: Waversa Wstreamer.

MAc Mini M1 with Topping USB isolator.

Auralic G2

SOtM sMS-200 Neo

Allo usbridge sig with gentooplayer and diretta target.

Devialet D220 Pro

1 Like

Diretta Host-Target

1 Like

Cary DMS-700 is both DAC and Streamer.

Allo Digital DigiOne Signature streamer with Raspberry Pi 3A and RoiPeee. “Raspberry Cobbler”

If you’re not a DIY fan, try Allo USBridge Signature which is available preassembled and ready to rock. If you need TOSlink or SPDIF, you can add a DigiOne bonnet. The USBridge has knockouts for the DigiOne connectors.

1 Like

Primare NP5 Prisma

1 Like

After several iterations, I have settled on the Musica Pristina A Capella III streamer. I’m a long-time analog bigot, but the AC III has nearly caused the gap to close for me. I have a PS Audio DAC connected to the AC III via an Audioquest Dragon HDMI cable. Speakers are Vandersteen Mk 7 II powered by Vandersteen M7-HPA amps with an Ayre KX-R 20 preamp.

Since installing the AC-III I have found myself listening almost exclusively to streamed music via Roon and Qobuz–almost heresy for me until recently. The soundstage depth coupled with crisp attack/decay produces a magic, holographic sound that glues me to my listening position. Kevin Welch, the designer, has knocked it out of the park, in my opinion.

But I’m not a reviewer, so I would point anyone interested to the website and take a particular look at the ‘Design Principles’ tab. I think you will be impressed with Kevin’s approach. And if you have questions, you can actually speak with him directly. But beware, if you do this little research, you may well end up a customer!

Oh, and if you are already a Roon lifetime customer, Kevin will deduct the cost of that from the price as it is included.

Matrix Element X. Happy with it. It combines DAC and preamp functions along with Roon-ready streaming. For this combination of features, the build quality and performance, it sold for a fairly competitive price when I bought it (~ $3K USD). The new version (X2) is even nicer but sells for over $4K (if you can even find it yet).

The volume control is very good, but I’m tempted to try inserting a dedicated preamp (like the Benchmark LA4) between it and my power amp (the Benchmark AHB2).

For this Chinese product line, the North American customer service/support is not bad, but may be a little under-resourced. Unfortunately, I don’t see too much made-in-USA competition for this kind of device (integrated streamer+DAC+pre). PS Audio does make one. Other than that, the best alternatives for <= $10K seem to include products from Lumin (Hong Kong), HiFi Rose (S. Korea), and ExaSound (Canada).

1 Like

Antipodes K50 server and Aqua Formula xHD Dac