What Size Speakers

Are you the music buff, or does your wife enjoy the system too?

Headphone system would fit in nicely with what you have.

Higher end bookshelves with a good quality six inch or larger bass woofer would be fine without a subwoofer. Itā€™s two channel music, not movies with explosions. I have a subwoofer, and its unplugged.

I guess if you need thumping bass it would be a good option. Thatā€™s not my thing.

1 Like

Why not go all in?

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/17/7d/54/177d54be06933dcd83ffbe104c7cd5ca.jpg

I am kidding of course;)

Sometimes I guess the self-congratulatory urge supersedes even paragraphs.

I guess my original post was changed as I was a bit blunt about choices but to your question.
I actually have a little headphone station next to my rocking chair, or as my cousin calls it, the command center. I have a Schiit Vali amp and the Modi Multibit with a Blume Bluetooth receiver to which I stream from my Node2i. I have two pair of headphones the Grado SR80e and the Massdrop Hifiman 4xx. Will probably get the Meze 99 Noir just to have some closed headphones
Both my wife and I enjoy listening to music but I like to listen much louder and she prefers Jazz and softer rock and although I enjoy that I prefer classic rock.

1 Like

I appreciate all the feedback. I have a Bose system that I love fed from an Oppo 203. I also have Sennheiser headphones connected to the Oppo via RCA analog outs so that I can listen to music up to 24/192. I also have a nice pair of Sony headphones that I use with my iPhone, iPad, or Dell XPS 15 laptop computer and a Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC. So, at this point in time, I am well situated and have decided against buying any additional hardware. I had debated about the purchase of a Roon Nucleus but have decided against that because I donā€™t believe it will add any significant functionality or SQ improvement. I have also decided against the purchase of speakers at this time because I donā€™t need any speakers. But, thanks for all the suggestions.

@Jim_F - I personally think you shouldnā€™t be focused on new speakers. There are lots of great used speakers on the market at the price of when they were new. I suggest you visit some of your local hifi dealers and see what they have in stock. If you are willing to take a bigger leap of faith look at Audiogonā€™s website. The condition ranking is quite good and usually errors on the side of being conservative. Iā€™ve seen some amazing deals both locally and on trusted sites for years now. Look for original manuals, all the bits and pieces like speaker spikes, and the boxes. Boxes are really important, especially if you ever want to sell them.

Good luck!

Thanks. Iā€™m no longer looking for speakers.