What's the best under $100 investment you've made in Hifi

miniDSP UMIK-1 USB microphone and Mitch Barnett’s “Accurate Sound Reproduction Using DSP eBook” on Amazon.

1 Like

AZLA Xelastic IEM Tips

They mold to the shape of your ear canal over time to make sure you get a perfect seal with your IEMS.

Nylon sleeves and shrink tube from Amazon. Somehow improved the looks of my Kimber 8PR cables. :wink:

1 Like

But did they improve the SQ? :innocent:

What a question?! Of course it does! Man, it looks now like a proper snake-oil cable. Suddenly I can hear in bat territory. :crazy_face:

1 Like

But to be serious…
The best $40 I spent was very recently on this…Douk Audio Stereo Line Pre-Amplifier Level Booster for MP3, iPod, iPad, iPhone | eBay

I used this between the analog output of a JVC 3 head cassette tape deck and the analog input of my ML585.
The reason being that as the tape deck had only a 0.6v max output I was having to really crank the volume on the amp and it still seemed wooly in SQ.

This little gadget not only boosted the output to a CD matching 2v ( or more if needed) but fleshed out the SQ in spades.
It uses an opamp and my guess is the one used really matched up well with the tape deck and I could not be happier with the results.

I am now revisiting a lot of my tapes!