When album focus on "Classical" the "View more" item is no longer visible for composers

Oups, forgot to add the screen shots…
The missing one is the Violinkonzert with Anne-Sophie Mutter and the tag from Roon:
The one that lists properly is Beethoven/Brahms with the Galatea Quartet and the tag that I added:

@support

@support Installed the latest update with the various bug fixes, but search still not working

Two years ago I reported a problem with search. ( When album focus on “Classical” the “View more” item is no longer visible for composers )
Since then the Roon team has been gushing with the improvements the have made in search, but I still cannot find the albums of a composer in my library.
Others have had the same problem…
Someone suggested that it was the metadata, but that comes from Roon too, so it is still their problem.
So I would expect a solution from support
Of course it is still possible that it is a user error, i.e. my error. Then I do not think it is asking too much for some advice and assistance on how to fix this.
So if support (1) really is support maybe you could manifest yourself?

(1) Support definition in Wikipedia: Technical support is a call center type customer service provided by companies to advise and assist registered users with issues concerning their technical products.

@Robert_Sonderegger, just a fellow user here, and I have only local files. When I select Classical as a Focus category, I am able to get an long extended list of composers when I select “View More”. I am running earlyaccess Build 1246 on my Windows 11 Core, but Builds 1244 (Production) and 1246 (earlyaccess) are very similar.

What version of Roon are you running for your Core, and on what platform?

@moderators

It might be worth merging this topic, for clarity, with the link below as it’s the same issue & OP.

Please don’t open multiple Support requests on the same topic. Once again, I’ve merged your duplicate request into the original post thread.

@support - since @Robert_Sonderegger has confirmed that he has not found any issue with his metadata (as I requested on February 26), it is possible that his database has an issue. Could you please take a look at it? Thanks.

1 Like

Just a thought - but I wonder whether your issue is indeed being caused by metadata issues. There was a thread recently that seemed to be a similar issue - albums not appearing in a Composer’s discography.

It turned out to be the fact that the composer was being incorrectly listed as a “performer” (Album Artist or Artist) in the metadata as well as being listed as the “composer”.

Take a look:

1 Like