When do you fix the Playlist Export function?

Roon Core: NUC i7 512 SSD (Version 1.0 build 227)
Roon Server: Version 1.8 (build 790)
2 WD external USD Drives (12 TB for Music and 2 TB for Backups)
Lumin T1 via Ethernet
iMac to try export function

Dear Team,

I use Roon as my main music system.
All my playlists are within Roon.
To take my music with me (portable device) I need to export my Playlists.
But this feature isn’t working for quite some time now.
I can export the files (playlist / Export to) only after I played all tracks within the playlist for at least 1 second). I do use a iMac from 2020 3,8 8 core i7;16GB.
This is practical not working for me anymore.
Please fix this or give me an idea what I can do.
Thanks
Stefan

2 Likes

Hey @Stefan_Janssen,

It’s been so long since your post…I am so sorry we took this long to get back to you :pleading_face:

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble exporting your playlists. It might be worth mentioning that only tracks in your Roon library can be exported. This means that the track needs to be first added to your library and only then to a playlist.

If a track is already in your playlists and added to the library after, it will not export in a playlist.

We explain this here:

Could you please try the first scenario and let me know if export works for you?

Hey Rebeka,
maybe you can help me:
I tried to export a playlist with 119 tracks, which are ALL in my library, and only 16 tracks end in the excel list.
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
G.

Hey @Goetz_Buchheim,

Thanks so much for getting in touch about this :nerd_face:

Do you remember if the tracks in your playlist that are not exported (about 103, right?) were added to the library before or after they were added to your library?

Because I’m curious and have an analogous situation:

If they were added to the playlist first and then added to the library, would an effective workaround be to open the playlist, select all, add them to a new playlist, then export?

Really just wondering whether that would work.

Dear Rebeka,
all these complicated workarounds cannot be seriously considered as good functionality. Some points have to come in the near future:

• export on all devices (also iPads)
  • export in Tidal or qobuz compatible format
  • export without library-workaround
  • export with email
    —ask your friends at Tidal where all this is possible. Easily.
    Do you work on this?

Hey Rebeka,
thanks for your answer and sorry for my late reply.
Yes - all of the tracks were added to my library before! I got a routine every weekend: On Friday listening to the new albums on Qobuz and deciding, which of them get into my library. And on Sunday picking the best tracks of these new library-albums and putting them on a playlist.

Btw: Two of these 16 (of 119) that make it to the Export excel-file are of my ‚physical‘ library, means on my hard disk drive. Does that make any difference (of course it shouldn‘t, they are also part of my library…)?

Thank you again!

Goetz

Hi @Goetz_Buchheim

Can you share some screenshots? SHow one of the albums that won’t export in the playlist, then choose that track and go to the album from the playlist and share a screenshot of it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Dylan,
thank you for your quick response.
Here are the two screenshots - first one out of roons ‘my albums’ and second one out of my playlist.
And yes, I can see too that the first one is marked as favorite and at the second one the ‘heart’ is missing…
But I have no idea why?
Thanks for your suggestions!

Hi again,
I just double-checked: The 16, that are exported to excel, are marked as favorites in my albums and at the playlist as well!
But now to the funny part: these 16 are changing! Means, when I tried an export yesterday there were different 16 tracks on the list then today. The only returning tracks were the two that are on my harddrive (and not from Qobuz)…
Does that help?
Thanks again!

Hi @Goetz_Buchheim

While this album is in your library in Roon, the version of the album that was added to the playlist was not in your library.

We explain this difference a bit here in our Help Center:

We have some plans to improve this process in the future, but at the moment it’s not possible to change this. You can re-create the playlist with tracks from the in-library version, but otherwise these cannot export at this time.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Thanks, but I can guarantee that the album was added to my favorites BEFORE I put tracks of it to my playlist! (just read my ‚routine‘ before)

Does Roon ‚forget‘ favorites?
And why do the 16 (of 120) export-tracks change (except the two on my harddisk)?

You‘re right - this really is inconvenient!

Hi @Goetz_Buchheim — As noted in the article, even when an album is in your library, it’s possible to visit and use an out of library version. It can be a little confusing at times, and it’s something we hope to improve in the future. I can’t make any specific promises or give timelines, but I’ll be sure to pass your feedback along to the team!

1 Like

Hi @dylan ,
I have the same problem. I have a “Roon” Playlist with about 350 songs, only 75 got exported to the Excel File. I added all albums to Library, and made a new Playlist, but without success.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks
Antonio

Same issue here. Seems overly complicated to have to add a track to your library, then add it to your playlist, in order to export all the tracks in a playlist to an xls. Can you fix this to just export the playlist to an xls regardless of whether or not it is in your library? I just want a simple list of artists, albums, songs…don’t need to overthink it. And please don’t come up with some fix that isn’t “retro active” and would require us to recreate our playlists in order for the fix to work.

Our latest release includes a number of changes to exporting including the ability to export non-library content, a new Soundiiz option, and a number of bug fixes. Please see our release notes for details:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.