When I close the lid of my Mac the display of cover disappears from my Naim Nova and I just get a black screen

Thanks for your help. But I still have a problem. When I close the lid of my Mac the display of cover disappears from my Naim Nova and I just get a black screen.

I just had a look through the previous issue as I had a hunch this is related to a Mac being used as the Core. When you close the lid, the Core will cease to function unless you use an ‘always on’ application or you’ve changed your energy saver options. By default, the Mac will go to sleep when the lid is closed thus ending network connections such as the Core.

Just a small warning about this, when you close the lid of a Macbook but keep it powered you can overheat the Macbook. Roon Core can use a lot of processing power so I would advise extreme caution doing this.

I strongly suspect Rob’s explanation is correct. I very often control Roon from my MacBook Pro but my Roon core is on my QNAP NAS. If I close the lid of my MacBook Pro my Nova continues to display the cover of the album that is playing.

Stephen

My problem started after the latest Naim or Roon update, so it’s not that long.And my core is on my Innuos.

Hello @Klaus_Hansen,

Thanks for the report. I’ve filled a ticket with the QA team, they’re going to investigate this using our in-house hardware. We’ll be sure to keep you updated.

-John

After the latest update from Apple to macOS Catalina it seems to be ok now.

Hello @Klaus_Hansen,

Glad to hear it. We were having issues replicating this issue in-house, so that matches your experience. I’m going to mark this thread as solved, feel free to open a new thread if you run into this behavior again.

-John

It started again.

Is this open again?

Hello @Klaus_Hansen,

I’ve reopened the ticket with the QA team, I’m leaving the thread in the unsolved state until further notice.

-John