When will we see improvements in Roon Genre functionality?

I disagree with your position. You have focused on a very narrow issue ( I respect that this is a issue for you and am not challenging that ) and have made this a key point of your critique in a public forum which is in my view is not warranted and in my view you have ignored all the innovative work the team in Roon has achieved for us that has enhanced the experience of listening to music for the majority of the community (see comments from members Why Roon is fabulous, with or without Tidal).

In the my view Roon Software is the best in the market and in many cases has assisted hardware manufactures to leverage of Roon’s platform to deliver audio fidelity sound. I have tried several audio software for hi fidelity sound - in my view what they have achieved in such short time is streets ahead of its rivals. This is not just my view - have a look at the various awards they have been winning from audiophile critiques (CA Reader’s choice awards 2017 (Congratulations Roon !)) and (Congratulations “Roon” Budget Product Of The Year & Accessories of the year 2017 Stereophile).

Also as a lifetime member should not entitle you and me to infinite product development (see comments by members Alternative Pricing For Lifetime Membership Suggestion?) - I think we are lucky that the team in Roon has not levied additional fees for providing us with additional optionality. Really the expectation for new development should be no more than 3 to 5 years for the amount of money you have paid (even that does not equate to the software development and benefits you have received as against lifetime membership sunk costs that for an ordinary member would be spent in one year). The Roon team have continued to upgrade functionality with continuous software releases since 2015 and have been working hard to provide us with better audio experience in broad terms.

All in all I respectfully disagree with your position and in my view is not worthy of a response from Roon - rather I think your argument should be put forward as a feature request as a “wishlist” item, I am sure the Roon team has too prioritise the “wishlist” and match firstly the demand of its existing broader community and also needs to focus on new sources of revenue from attracting new subscribers.

I say to Roon - keep up the good work!

5 Likes