Where in the world have you taken ARC? Let us know here!

Connected to Roon without any issues for a holiday week in Anatalya Turkey :parasol_on_ground:, from my system located in Stoke on Trent, UK. Around 2,000 miles. Fabulous, thank you. :smiley:

9 Likes

Mega geil! Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Along the seafront the other evening in Hythe, Kent, in the UK:-

11 Likes

Fabulous Beach in the Algarve, Portugal. So nice to finally have roon along on my travels!

9 Likes

This was fun, walking through Chinatown London prior to a Uriah Heep gig, I was playing The Move, Chinatown to my nephew as he didn’t know the music… Singing and dancing through Chinatown on our way to some Ube Icecream… Cheers ARC :man_dancing::man_dancing:

3 Likes

That looks like Cornwall… Gods own country…

Seattle Washington this week! Streamed from Zurich/Switzerland and offline usage in the plane…

9 Likes

I got a comp sci degree in 1981 and subsequently spent my whole career working with computers, totally immersed in the industry and the technology. I am no stranger to technological progress but it usually happens gradually so sometimes we don’t really notice. When someone writes something like the above, and that is just the latest of many amazing reports, it really is worth pausing for a moment and appreciating how absolutely, inconceivably amazing the above would have sounded to someone just a few decades ago, say the mid 1980s. We really have come a long way in the last 40 years or so.

When I first started travelling extensively on business portable CD players had only just come onto the market and my music-for-the-trip protocol comprised packing a portable CD player and headphones, a spare set of batteries and a CD travel case with 10 CDs carefully chosen from my collection just before I left for the airport. And that was it! Oh, how times have changed.

13 Likes

Orcas Island, Washington, USA

8 Likes

Walgreens bathroom in Santa Fe MM

3 Likes

18th. Green at Pebble Beach - ARC worked perfectly.

10 Likes

Home is everywhere thanks to ARC

6 Likes

Chilling at the beach with Roon ARC this week, Jumeirah Beach Dubai

11 Likes

My Roon core is running in Portland, Oregon, US. I’m visiting Australia for work and arc is working great. I’m honestly surprised at how well streaming from my core is working, so far no hiccups. I also really liked being able to download music to arc before I got on the 15 hour flight.

7 Likes

Hardly exotic, but streaming my music from home to Mallorca is still pretty sweet!

13 Likes

Love Mallorca.

1 Like

That’s my eldest daughter, living in Edinburgh, Scotland, being absolutely ecstatic about being able to finally use my library located in Versailles, France!

8 Likes

Yesterday afternoon, I took ARC to my friend’s house. Saturday afternoon we get together and usually listen to Dire Straits (and similar) on vinyl. There’s good company and chat, and my f=fiend has a rather tasty vintage system of B&W 801S biamped by Krell with multiple turntables (his SP-10 Mk 2 and SME V tonearm being my favourite.

Every now and then I would pack up my Roon core and a DAC and we would play with digital for the afternoon - always to very positive comments from my vinyl-first pals. This stopped when I moved my core to an M1 Mac Mini.

Yesterday, I packed up my dog Oscar, my phone, my iPad Pro, my Meridian Explorer 2 DAC and a selection of cables and dongles went to my friend’s house. I connected the iPad Pro to my personal hotspot, switched off volume level and switched on lossless streaming. (The iPad Pro can power the Meridian - the iPhone can’t).

Everything up to and including 24/192 streamed flawlessly and Roon was super-slick and quick to respond to the play and skip buttons. An ARC app for the tablet that looks and feels more like the regular Roon app would be wonderful - but it’s definitely a wish-list item. I’m sure a ‘real’ Roon core and endpoint might give better sound in this scenario - although the Meridian always amazes with its quality connected to such systems - and a few years ago it was my main, daily-driver DAC. (My friend’s DAC is a dCS Purcell with no USB input.)

ARC though has got to be the perfect high-end holiday/vacation system to wind down with your favourite headphones after a strenuous day’s sightseeing.

7 Likes

Listening to Girl from Ipanema on Roon Arc in Ipanema, Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Roon core in Toronto, Canada. Only missing…an actual girl from Ipanema…roon 3.0? :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Gardens hotel pool in Kuala Lumpur mid valley…sadly my wife cant be with me as she is working in the tall building middle of picture :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes