Where in the world have you taken ARC? Let us know here!

I’ve got ARC on the train back from London at the moment - streaming Joni Mitchell’s Court and Spark in ‘Balanced’ 256kbps mode (as I’m on Bluetooth headphones and AAC as an Apple guy. The bandwidth-saving means I’m also using my personal hotspot for my IPad and all’s running smoothly. Bit of a wrinkle on (the busy) King’s Cross concourse - where the bandwidth (even on 4G) fell to below 4Mbps at one point. Yikes1 So I switched to some local content on Apple Music. (I have no content downloaded in ARC at the moment.)

[OT: London trip was for ABBA Voyage which is phenomenal. Go if you can - and you like them, of course. Eight year-old me I think had been waiting for last night for a long time.]

1 Like

Business trip to Poland last week, ARC deliver smooth and easy🤘🏻

3 Likes

Arc and spotify :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I drove from Atlanta to NC on Tuesday and returned to Atlanta Wednesday. Roon ARC worked with no issues, 4 hours each way.

2 Likes

Roon ARC still not totally reliable. I drove 8 hours with no issues and just now, I can’t walk my dog around the block. My solution is Apple Music and Soundiz until/unless Roon can fix this.

EDIT: 24 hours later, all is good with Roon ARC. Thanks Roon.

1 Like

ARC worked flawlessly for the last 2 weeks on my trip to Tokyo (8,000km away) UNTIL I got back home and updated the Core to the latest (weekly) build. Now Roon Core says I should have no issues connecting to ARC, but ARC has other ideas. Factory rest of ARC and re-install - no changes. I was aware of the update while I was away but I almost was sure it would stuff things up, so left it until I got home and surprise surprise…
Anyways, obligatory travel pic:-

BTW if you do a reset/re-install of ARC on your mobile, is this the screen you get after it finds the Core?
Its been on this screen for over an hour now:-

Something is amiss in the ARC infrastructure, but it’s being worked on…

3 Likes

Thank you for letting us know

Here we are in Tonbridge Kent enjoying Reb Fountain as we wait to go to see a Sam Lewis gig in Sevenoaks

4 Likes

i took it to Hell and back home, worked fine all the way

3 Likes

Nice iPad wallpaper!

1 Like

My Gym… lol :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Some chap on the Roon forum made it available… Love it…

Working beautifully on Holy Island

11 Likes

By the lake

4 Likes

ARC nearly makes me want to leave my apartment :joy:

6 Likes

Now ARC in android works with USB dac

I guess now I really want new phone and headphones :slight_smile:

1 Like

I took Roon ARC to London again for my Christmas team meeting - and it worked flawlessly (4G) all the way down the East Coast main line from Darlington to Kings Cross, including adding tracks to the playlist ad hoc on the journey. It only gave up the ghost once I was on a Circle Line train. Very impressed.

1 Like

It’s funny, though I’ve been some absolutely beautiful places with ARC on my phone already (ice skating, long runs, West Side Highway at sunset, …), my favorite place for ARC is not what I thought it’d be. It’s on my iPad at the coworking space near my house. Even though ARC doesn’t have a tablet layout yet, when it’s in landscape mode the app just fits perfectly and with the keyboard and touch screen it’s very quick to navigate, and it makes for a fabulous listening experience. While most of the time I’m using a pair of Campfire Audio Andromeda 2020’s and a Fiio Q3, sometimes I just pop in my AirPod Pro 2’s and turn on spatial audio and it makes for a very awesome “get in the zone” work experience.

2 Likes

in Denmark on vacation

14 Likes