Who has a turntable in their setup?

I wish I had that sort of ability.

Excellent work…way beyond my skill set but love to see people diy stuff and then be satisfied with the results.

Think you will find quite a few members here are still vinyl users/addicts.

That’s the best part. I have no skill at all doing this kind of work. If you can find a bearing and nice platter, the rest becomes easy. It took a while to find the parts but we all love hunting around for audio stuff.

I used an electron microscope platform for the bass. Really inert.

4 Likes

That isn’t one of the Black Sabbath splatter Ten Year war albums is it?
Asking because I have the Box set.

Blades sounds great, heard them at a dealer who does room treatment, whole room was treated from foundations up, literally. Sounded fabulous.

I honestly don’t remember what that album is…lol, it looked good on the TT at the time so I took a picture.
It’s definitely not Sabbath though as I don’t have that set.

Might be The Dear Hunter, nearly all of their vinyl is some funky splatter pattern.

Indeed I do

Dr Fieckert Blackbird with Audiomods Series 6 arm

9 Likes

hang on…whats going in here???

Thats a debadged Dr Fieckert plinth yes?

1 Like

Very nice setup indeed, what carts you running?

I have the gold note ph10, not convinced myself to spend large on the matching psu yet though.
And I have Antipodes Roon gear….

1 Like

Hey,

The Gold Note are just were just on trial and to be honest I was underwhelmed by the combo. I actually prefer a Graham Slee Era Gold V I have. Im trying a Hegel v10 atm.

Taking a step back, the only reason im testing some other stages is that I also have the DS Audio DS-E1 Optical cart and Equalizer. Now these things are amazing, and I see these as the way to go, however Im having an issue with it when using teh Bryston SP3 as passthrough. For some reason it keeps clipping.

Im having conversations with Bryston at present to get it looked at. The issue isnt with the DS as they work with everything else. If you get a chance, get a demo of DS Audio on your kit

I found that Graham slee stages punched well above their weight. My ‘upgrade’ to that was aesthetix Rhea.
I jumped off the upgrade madness trail since though.

2 Likes

A very good choice! And I understand what you’re saying.
To my ears the phono stage makes the most remarkable impact on the vinyl playback. Yes, carts, arms and the turntable itself is also important but I thoroughly enjoy most TTs and carts (within specs off course) as long as the phono stage is good.

First time I heard my Tom Evans Mastergroove I was blown away. All of a sudden the whole setup was gone and I was hearing what was engraved in those miniscule grooves of the records!

2 Likes

I actually had a gold note ph10 when they first came out.
I sold it and went on a tube Phonostage bender but eventually ended up back with a ph10 again.

It’s all system synergy and it works well in my system.

Still fancy trying a Sutherland or Whest at some stage though( pun intended :sunglasses:).

2 Likes

Recently had a couple of weeks with the PH-1000 at home! :smiley: Not bad, not bad at all!

6 Likes

lovely. I have a PH-10 as well; how would you characterize the effect of adding the power supply?

sure looks like it.

Not sure tbh as I borrowed them as a pair and listened combined. I was expecting much more out of these and was quite disappointed.

I loved mine with the calypso and EAR monos but that’s the beauty of audio we all have a choice.

3 Likes

quite happy with mine; good luck with your next options.

For me, there a subtile changes in all areas.