Who has a turntable in their setup?

I knew this would happen, which is why I resisted buying a TT for almost 20 years. They are so darned sexy and sound so good, I keep buying albums, now I am thinking of adding a Degritter. I have a Kirmuss, which does a great job at the cost of a lot of time, and setup.

Does anyone have a Degritter and if so are you pleased with your purchase?

I do not have one personally but a very close friend has one and he swears by it for the speed and depth of cleaning it achieves.
I have watched it at work and there truly is zero effort from the operator besides the usual prep.
A lot of money and I am stuck with my home brewed US cleaning rig but if I had the money there would be one in my garage right now!

Have a look at the HumminGuru also, seems a similar solution to the Degritter, only a lot less expensive.

Always vinyl…

9 Likes

Thanks Mikael, I saw the HumminGuru I think it goes on sale next week. I think it will be a game changer (in a few years). The price is perfect, and will probably make Degritter lower their price, but I hate paying to be a beta or worse an Alpha tester.

I’ll make sure to report back when i’ve tried mine out (part owner in one, already delivered and tested)

5 Likes

Still waiting for the EPA-100mk2 to return from service. The Gold Note PH-10 is long gone, same with the EPA-100p. It was replaced by a Jelco 750DB but an irresistible waiting tonearm emerged just recently, so the Jelco had to go.

5 Likes

A lovely choice! :grinning:
Not so far off here:

1 Like

I upgraded the tone arm to a Transrotor TRA 9 .

8 Likes

Does this count?
And yes it does work…
Semi automatic even!
Lift up the tonearm and move it across towards the record and the platter starts going.
I think the stylus has seen better days but hard to tell with the few pretty beat up 78,s I have available here.

9 Likes

That is super cool!

1 Like

Thank you!
I saw it in an antique store, price was fair as being sold as untested…
Was a pleasant surprise when I added plug to end of power cable and it worked.
About 1950,s Bakelite.

As long as the remote doesnt control it, you’re fine! :smiley:
Actually very nice! A friend of mine has got a thing for electrical players for 78rpm shellacs, and he has played some Chuck Berry and Big band jazz on these, to my surprised ears. Those record CAN sound very nice!

2 Likes

Hi, are your speakers Dali’s?

Paradigm Persona 3F.

It looks surprisingly modern for such an old piece of equipment. Very sleek.:grinning:

1 Like

Back home for the restorers (North West Analogue in the UK) and about to go into my system. Garrard 401, SME 3009, Ortofon Quintet Blue.

21 Likes

A lovely piece of music history as well as a great turntable! :slight_smile: Enjoy!

2 Likes

Not sure whether this refers to the gorgeous Garrard, @AceRimmer’s latest 78 player, or @AceRimmer himself :wink:

5 Likes