Who has a turntable in their setup?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Freedom of choice, isn’t it a lovely thing? :joy:

4 Likes

Very interested to hear how this combination works. Always looking for alternatives to the tried-and-true Shure V15 type III/IV for my SME 3009.

1 Like

wow, that’s gorgeous.

1 Like

How about this one then - a 301 with 12" SME arm and North West Analogue’s own plinth and DS3 cartridge (and slate record weight). Their place was a photographer’s dream - lovely light, textures and colours.

8 Likes

lovely; do you have a shot that shows the plinth?

1 Like

The first one is the ‘standard’ 35kg plinth, the second one the better 50kg one.

11 Likes

Hmmm, the HG is much lower spec’d than the Degritter however there is a mahooosive price difference. Luckily the missus has bought me a Degritter for xmas so cost hasnt come into it. 120hz makes much smaller bubbles which get right into the nooks. Like a proper deep clean as opposed to wipe round the face with a wet flannel :wink:

1 Like

There’s some beautiful turntables out there and often I think about acquiring one again now that the kids are grown up.

Then I think about the inconvenience of flipping the record (not to mention re-buying them) and that moment of thought disappears.

2 Likes

But flipping is the FUN vinyl gives you! :grinning:

3 Likes

And it’s not like it’s 100 yards away….

5 Likes

Vinyl done right is usually far ahead of an average digital setup. This earthy life like sound is out of reach for most digital equipment. It took me years to find the right digital devices.

1. Linn Klimax in the newest incarnation
  2. DCS Bartok and above
  3. Chord
  4. Mola Mola Tambaqui

These DACs I have experiene with.
I bought No.4
The drawback is their price.

3 Likes

Here’s my system, Naim NAC N272 Streamer/Pre Amp, XPS DR Power Supply, NAP 250 DR Power Amplifier, Naim SBL speakers, Rega RP8 Turntable with Hana M series low output MC cartridge, Aria MK3 MM/MC phono pre amp.

Dane

1 Like

3 Likes

3 Likes

Rega RP6 (2011 version).
Tango Spinner sub-platter.
Audiomods Series Six arm
Hana ML.
Runs into a Whest PS.30RDT phono stage.

6 Likes

After a very long-term loan to my late father, I’m now reunited with my LP12 (with a mk1 Lingo and Linto in the cabinet below).

10 Likes

Nice simple and clean rig.
Sorry about the circumstances for it’s return though.

1 Like

Love my Well Tempered Versalex with Kiseki Purple Heart.

5 Likes

:astonished:
Gorgeous and a fantastic cartridge!

1 Like

The wooden bits have now moved to a new house and the stand adapted for a Gyrodec with Audiomods tonearm. What a brilliant combination. Wonderful, to my poor old ears, with the addition of the subs.

9 Likes