Who has a turntable in their setup?

Do you have the RöNt PS. If so have you had it from the beginning? If not and you upgraded was it a huge difference.

I ask because I am thinking about adding the RöNt to my Bardo, but it ain’t cheap.

A few comments:

I completely agree with him - it’s always about the music, first and foremost, regardless of the format.

He should stick to rock music because he knows almost nothing about jazz and certainly nothing about Miles Davis. In A Silent Way was one of the many Miles Davis recordings produced by Teo Macero and assembled/spliced together from various session tapes and not recorded by the second great quintet.

He wears nice hats but ruins what looks like a beautiful fedora by wearing it with the brim up. It’s a fedora not a cowboy or pork pie hat!

2 Likes

I think it’s difficult to say how this will add up to another enthusiast. It depends on other factors also, such as power quality, listening habits etc.

To me though, the jump from the original solid state (Brinkmann Performance PSU, same as for La Grange and Balance) to the RöNt II was a nice noticeable upgrade. However, upgrading to RöNt III (Helmut’s solid state “tube” BZ34 as rectifier) was an immediate and, to my ears, a very noticeable and enjoyable upgrade!

The Bardo remains a very competent turntable with either the Performance PSU or the RöNt II/III. I’m sure your dealer will allow you a home loan before buy? As always YMMV! :slight_smile:

My Pro-Ject RPM 5 Carbon with its Sumiko Amethyst cartridge

7 Likes

Pimping the old Technics. This patter mat/slab will probably eat thrust pads for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

8 Likes

I had a RPM 9 Carbon…lovely table, pity I can’t keep them all.
Hope you are enjoying it!

1 Like

Here is mine:

7 Likes

Is that the Kleos Lambda? How do you like it?

It’s Lyra Helikon SL.

1 Like

Basis Audio 2500
Graham 2.2
Soundsmith Zephyr mk3

Playing Tarja.

11 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: The pros and cons of Onzow Zerodust

The better half bought me this for Christmas and it’s a fantastic little gadget, thought it was a bit of a gimmick until I saw the crap it got off what I thought was a clean stylus.

2 Likes

Absolutely. Our personal rituals are exactly that.

I have always found vinyl forums to provide less contentious and argumentative inputs as opposed to contributions regarding digital cables and stuff like mqa, for example. There seems to be more camaraderie surrounding vinyl and the intention of providing help through experience rather than contradiction through ignorance or dogma.

Long may it remain so.

4 Likes

Love vinyl. I got a Brinkmann Audio Performance+ turntable. Sounds great. That’s not a record on it but a glass platter.

Willem

7 Likes

Any pictures :grin:?

Hm, of course, but have to find out how to show pictures here.

drag and drop onto a post edit

Got it, that’s very easy, thnxs.

Willem

Wonderful TT, you sure are brave keeping the record clamp there, hitting the stylus on mine scares the dickens out of me. This fear is of course greater when Ardbeg is involved!

1 Like

You are missing the little delrin (or alu?) distance for the screwdown clamp to work it’s magic! :slight_smile: But, perhaps you choose to use your Bardo without the clamp?