Why is my Date added sort sequence changing

I have my album view set to be sorted by Date added and I am experiencing frequent changes is order of albums there, i.e. albums which have been added some time ago appear on my front page again.

Strangely enough the most recent albums stay in the correct order - but the ones in row 3 of the album grid onwards or so change…

My library settings are as follows.

Does anybody else observe the same issue?

Thank you for the report @Klaus_Kammerer1, we will take a look and see what we come up with.

-Eric

Can you tell us your system details @Klaus_Kammerer1, in particular your storage configuration?

I’m running Roon on a Windows 10 PC with my music files on an internal harddisk.

The change in order does not seem to be permanent, though. It seems to happen when I do tag changes to my music files using my tagging software. In the time after the tag update, the order of files change, as if “old” albums would be imported again.
Interestingly enough most of those albums that show up on my album screen during that time have no tags changed… After a while, the initial order is restored.

Hi @Klaus_Kammerer1 ----- Thank you for your patience while we have been looking into this behavior for you. I see you have highlighted some of the procedural steps you are taking when tagging your media :thumbsup:

“It seems to happen when I do tag changes to my music files using my tagging software. In the time after the tag update, the order of files change, as if “old” albums would be imported again.”

As per the request of my tech team can you please reproduce this issue again and walk us through the process step by step, being sure to include the name of the tagging software you are making use of.

-Eric

I have noticed that the “dated added” sort option has changed also during the last few updates - it used to be stable. I generally do not retag items added earlier, but all sorts of variations of earlier added material have pooped up at or near the front of my display of late. What has changed in this regard?

TIDAL or local albums?

Local albums - I do not use Tidal