Wiim Pro Plus and Roon [It's now Roon Ready]

yes, thank you, sounds really good

1 Like

Morning all, disabled Airplay and enabled Chromecast via WiiM Pro and Chromecast worked great, streaming at 24/96. So many thanks for the advice.

However, when I enabled Roon’s Squeezebox setting, Roon could not locate any Squeezebox devices, i.e. the WiiM Pro Plus (see attached image). Does anyone know why or how I can resolve this? Of note, have never been a LMS user and do not have it installed or own any associated hardware (only the Wiim Pro Plus). Thanks.

Nor Me, I just ticked the box I posted, and 10 minutes later went into Roon->Settings->Audio and this was there waiting to be enabled. I know others who think that the Squeezebox sounds less harsh than Chromecast. I am using mine with an external DAC and both sound fine, but I have left the Squeezebox on for the novelty value :grin:

Wiims don’t support DSD full stop and your using airplay there which is capped at 44.1. If you use squeezelite you can get to 192/24 max the PP supports and if you use Chromecast 96/24.

Understood - have disabled Airplay and enabled Chromecast, which is working well at 96/24. However, enabling Squeezebox support doesn’t find any devices, i.e. the WiiM.

Is Roon simply supposed to recognise the WiiM as a Squeezebox device when the setting is switched to ‘Yes’ as image below? Mine’s not being found when I do this!

Did you enable the Squeezelite input on the Wiim. Are you on the latest firmware?

Have spent ages last day or two trying to figure this out and still struggling!

Although Squeezebox support is enabled in Setup, Roon still not detecting WiiM Pro Plus as a Squeezebox device (does see AirPlay and Chromecast); therefore, I can’t enable Squeezebox-WiiM device.

Of note, the Roon and WiiM firmwares are both latest. Also, have disabled PC firewall in case it was a port issue but that didn’t fix.

Interestingly, I tried installing LMS and that found WiiM device immediately and I could play audio.

I did find a previous thread with similar issue but solution doesn’t apply to WiiM:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-cant-find-squeezebox-devices/124331/8

Any more ideas, please?

Did you try rebooting or restarting the core I’ve had it not discover before and this sorted it. Also the Wiim is definitely on the same subnet as your roon core? Both chromecast and airplay can work over different subnets but squeezebox discovery and RAAT cannot.

You should be able to get this working using iFi Bridge - A UPnP / DLNA app solution for playback on Roon.

You dont need it you can use Squeezelite which is on the Plus already and works perfectly and gapless.

With the knowledge that Roon specifically calls out that it does not / will not specifically support any Squeezelite implementation, so any issues should go to Tinkering.

WiiM Pro Plus is now Roon Ready !

4 Likes

Thanks for the update. Great news!

Fantastic!

Great news, thank you

official statement from WiiM tomorrow :slight_smile:
updates starting from tomorrow and during the whole weekend

4 Likes

That’s great news for a lot of us and quicker than I had expected :+1:

3 Likes

Perfect. Just bought a WiiM Pro Plus and dearly miss Roon support. I put my Zen Stream on garden leave. Was acting up lately.

Did anyone get the update? Still nothing for me today. Located in the US.

1 Like

Not based on any discussions yet.
I have been checking the app every few hours

2 Likes