Wiim Pro Plus and Roon [It's now Roon Ready]

Hi, how can I know if my WiiM Pro Plus has received the latest update and is now Roon Ready? I’ve been using Chromecast for lossless playback as of now.

When you go to “Settings” → “Audio” on a Roon Remote after the Wiim update has landed on your Wiim Pro Plus, there will be a new “Roon Ready” endpoint available to be enabled.

Your Wiim will tell you via its own app if it’s updated. If you have firmware dated after the 7/12/2023 or 12/07/2023 if your US then it’s the new firmware.

Is this how it should look like?

No that’s chromecast. Roon Ready will unsurprisingly appear as Roon Ready.

We can’t show you as none of us have it yet :man_facepalming:

Yeah apparently it seems this is only feasible with chromecast. I also checked the latest firmware update and it reads 20231207, which I assume is the latest version.

If you got to Roon Settings → Setup and enable Squeezebox

You will then Get this option which you can enable whilst waiting for full Room Ready to be rolled out. Many think it sounds better than Chromecast streaming

1 Like

Thanks, it worked!

Glad to hear that.
Hopefully Roon Ready will be pushed out in the next few days, but this is good in case you have to wait longer :+1:

1 Like

In the WiiM forum first people got the update. There is no way to force the update by rebooting e.g. It will just happen. Patience, that I don’t have, is virtue. LOL

1 Like

That’s good news hopefully for all of us with a bit of patience :grin:

I got my update now too. Looks like it gets rolled out more widely now. Works like a charm btw.

Yes I guess we have gotten used to not even noticing WIIM updates. This one was the big one we were all waiting for though :+1:

Looks like it is widely deployed now and great news.

2 Likes

I got it as well! As mentioned above, you cannot do anything to enforce the firmware update, I just opened the app today and was shown a message regarding the new firmware update. The firmware version is 4.8.539349 and the build date is 20231221. Now my device is shown as Room Ready.

2 Likes

Yes interesting how long it would take if you do not open the app :thinking:
Not that I can try that now.

Next up hopefully the WIIM Amp and then might get one for my son’s room as it can replace the PowerNode 2i and be more reliable and have Chromecast as well.

Perfect little devices for the money.

2 Likes

My wiim pro plus shows roon ready, but don’t support DSD.

Wiims dont support DSD, their marketing is ■■. Whilst the DAC chip itself does their software/hardware stack doesn’t. Nothing to do with Roon. Their software/ hardware converts all DSD to 192/24 before processing. It’s best to let Roon do it as users have reported dropouts when the Pro does it.

1 Like

Perhaps future firmware of Wiim will have support DSD.