Windows 10 : Blank (white screen) after maximising

Hi,
I have installed the trial software on my custom PC with Win 10 Pro 64 running on it.
I have been using AMD Radeon R9 290 GPU with no issues so far. Latest drivers installed.
I have been running a number of popular productivity and multimedia suites, MS Office suite, a number of games and multimedia applications without a single glitch since I built the PC.
I am experiencing this minimize/maximize/disappear routine of Roon GUI from the very first moments of my installation.
I simply do not think this to be a graphics driver issue.
This thought is also supported by the spontaneous launch of Microsoft Windows Resource Leak Diagnoser after a few minutes that I have launched the Roon core. This was a first on my very powerful and stable PC.
I am monitoring my resources and observing very little utilization of any resource when this happens.

Rough specs are:
Win 10 Pro 64
Intel i7 9500 CPU
24 Gb DDR3 Ram
Samsung 850 EVO 256 SSD (system)
AMD radeon R9 290 GPU

Any thoughts please?

Probably, Never had an issue with Roon and any of the Nvidia cards.

Installed the latest drivers, same issue still. Not a big deal but irritating.

Yes. I think it is a graphics driver issue. For me, this only occurs on the one system that has both Intel and AMD graphics hardware fitted. None of my other systems show this issue at all.

This is really frustrating!
I have a brand new Macbook Pro 15" with AMD Radeon 455 graphics card.
Hardly low end and not integrated graphics…
Bootcamped with Windows 10 Pro.
Up to date Radeon drivers. Includes OpenGL v 6.14.
… and the “fail to redraw” problem.
Only way this is avoided seems to be with Virtual Super Resolution on - which is a gaming feature and which I suspect will drain the battery.

This is likely to be a deal breaker with continuing with Roon.
Roon blames the graphics drivers on older, especially integrated systems. Surely, the architecture of the program needs to be compatible with common “in the wild” graphics cards and systems?? This isn’t Final Cut Pro for goodness sake, this is an audio program GUI…
I have never encountered this redraw problem with any program, ever!

If there is no Roon solution, then with regret, good bye.

I get the blank (white screen) screen after maximizing from time to time. What I’ve discovered (like others have mentioned above as well) is that if I resize the window it comes back to the Roon screen again and I can use it without having to force shutdown the software. It can even be done with key combination “Windows key + Down”. Then back to maximized screen with “Windows key + Up”.

This is of course suboptimal and it should be taken care of in a future update, but for now I’ve gotten used to this ‘trick’, it works every time and is quick.

1 Like

I use that way to Gustav :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, still no fix with v1.3… :frowning:

Add another to the list of experiencing this issue. Resizing doesn’t fix, I’ve tried multiple drivers from both Lenovo and Intel (Lenovo X230, Core i7 Win10 64Bit Intel HD Graphics 4000) and nothing works besides a restart of Roon. Only thing I have to contribute that hasn’t been said already is I run both LightRoom and Outlook 2013 which have been explicitly mentioned as problematic and have never had the same issue in either application.

Besides resizing the window (which doesn’t work for me) is there any other way or windows plugin that can force a Roon redraw in the same way the window is initially drawn on the initial Roon load?

Im running windows 10 on a Asus ZenBook Prime and Im having a strange problem with noon. After minimizing the window and returning to it all I get is a blank white screen however music is still playing and randomly clicking blindly in the space does work its just that I cant see a thing Im doing.

This is a common problem with some Intel built-in GPU’s. Is your’s HD Graphics 4000?

yes it is a hd4000

FYI! Just installed new drivers for my Radeon graphics card and now the blank i.e white screen are finally gone. Radeon program version 17.2.1.

1 Like

YAY!! I love when new drivers clear up old problems.

I was to quick to think this was fixed. Sometimes I get the white screen but not as often as before. And only when I have minimized Roon Player and go to full screen again. Not every time. This is a strange behaviour.

Not too fast. White screen still persist using Intel HD4000 and there are no drivers to fix it.

Here’s hoping Roon can auto redraw if it detects certain GPU’s. Changing the window size does not fix it either.

?? I was responding to Carl when he thought his Radeon drivers fixed his issue.

I have a bootcampted new MacBook Pro. Have just this minute installed modified AMD 17.2.1 drivers (the ones from Apple are old…). Your post gives me hope this issue may be resolved!! Will report back.

As I said earlier in this thread I jumped to conclusions. The blank screen is still there but not as often as before and only when I go from activation bar to full screen display. Not every time just randomly. Bit strange wont you think?. Hope it works better for you @David_Christie and @Rugby I know you did reply to me so no problem :slight_smile:

Hi Carl, you must be psychic… like you, I am still getting the blank screen bug, although as you observe, not as often and randomly. I am still calling this a Roonlabs problem - I don’t have any other program that has this bug!