Windows 10 issues: not connecting to core, no local playback devices

Hi,

Recently I have issues with roon on my windows 10 client (Windows 10 Pro, build 2004)

• When starting roon, it is stuck at “initializing” when connecting to my roon core (remote system). This happens intermittently.
  • I cannot see any local playback devices anymore.

Troubleshooting steps taken so far:

• Rebooting Windows
  • Restarting Roon Core
  • Reinstalling Roon (on the client, not the core)
  • Disabling Windows Defender AV
  • Disabling Windows firewall

What kind of pc is your core installed on?

It is a sonictransporter. No changes there. No firewall. I forgot to mention that ipad and android clients can connect to the core without any problem.

Ok. I was having similar problems connecting windows endpoint to windows core. Your problem sounds different. Good luck, hope you get it resolved.

I’ve moved your post to the Support category of the forum, where it will be seen, and responded to, by a member of the Support Team.

PS - you might want to include details of your network setup to help them in their diagnosis of the issue.

Hello @Kristof_Baute, thanks for your report! I would like to know more about the setup you’re using, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.