Windows 10 Pro install not working

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Each time I download the app for Windows, the app is corrupted and I am unable to get it running. The app “opens”, but text is so skewed I cannot read the step by step instructions. I have attempted an uninstall and reinstall many times with no luck.

Any chance of giving us a screenshot? It sounds like a graphics driver issue, and a screenshot would help for further diagnosis…

Okay, so I got your msg earlier and replied in my email, but I am now seeing that it did not go through. Resending now!

That is caused by the video display. Either update the drivers and see if that fixes it, or, follow the instruction in this post to add the nodeepcolor arguement to roons start up icon.

Had to wait until I could risk applying the update.

• The update has been made
  • The computer has been restarted
  • The computer appears to function just fine
  • The problem with Roon persists

Any other suggestions?

• Thank you

This is definitely a video problem. Tell us more about your graphics hardware and driver versions that you have installed. Thanks.

I just used the link that was sent. I do not know much else. I can pull up anything you need, but I am not that computer savvy…

Can you call up the MSinfo app (type msinfo into the Windows search field and open the app from there)?

Then select the Display component in the navigation pane. That will show information on your graphics hardware and software, for example, this is what I see:

Post a screenshot of your setup. Thanks.

I gave two suggestions the first was updating the video drivers. The second was adding -nodeepcolor argument to your Roon startup icon as detailed in the post I linked. Did you add this argument to your Roon startup Icon?

Video it is.

This could also be a monitor or a monitor cable issue.

Make sure the video cable is secured.

–MD

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.