Windows 11 (KB5015882) update - Roon Windows app "Notplaying"

I did an Windows 11 update this morning (KB5015882). After installation and reboot the Roon Windows app stopped working:

Non of the “Audio” is working. Before the update there where no problems.

Roon with iPhone (BT) works just fine.

Linn Akurate DS/3 workes just fine and can still be controlled from the Roon Windows app

Listing to music through YouTube - on my Windows 11 Desktop - works just fine. It is just “Audio” through Roon Windows app that is not working.

Do you mean the System Output channel on your desktop is not working? It’s showing as not yet having been enabled. Perhaps the Windows update reset it?

Click on the Enable button and try setting it up again.

THX Geoff - I mean all of them “Audio” is not working

Everything else is working fine. No problems with playing music on my PC - just not trough Roon App - “Nothing playing”

OK, I’ve just downloaded KB5015882 and installed it on my Windows 11 desktop for myself. I can confirm that the update will reset some of the audio channels. So before installation, my audio channels in Roon for the desktop looked like this:

After installation, they looked like this:

In other words, the RealTek audio, and the HDMI Audio channels had been reset, and needed to be re-enabled in Roon.

I’ve done that (the RealTek audio hardware is 5.1 multichannel, and I needed to display the Advanced settings in Roon’s Device Setup screen to change this from the default 2.0 to 5.1 setting), and now everything is working as before:

By re-enabling these channels, any previous queues to these zones have also been cleared, so initially these zones would show “Nothing Playing”. However, selecting an album and pressing Play would start the album playing through the zones.

2 Likes

Great support Geoff - Thanks :+1: It works again :slight_smile:

New:

Before the update I did not have any HDMI enabled - but now I have and that way it works again with my BT-W4 (BT). Strange.

PS: And it sounds even better now - i don’t get it

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.