831 Roon no longer sees KEF LS50 Wireless

After upgrading to the latest version 831 Roon no longer sees KEF LS50 Wireless. Accessing speakers over HTTP gets a reply. Restarting Roon Core and Speakers didn’t help.

Is support for KEF LS50 Wireless (first generation) now broken?

Hi @Dejan_Beznec,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Are you able to connect the KEFs via Ethernet as a test? Any change when doing so?

Are other endpoints showing up okay?

What’s not working

• KEF LS50W no longer appears among end points. Setup was working fine for more than a year. I observed the problem immediately after latest roon upgrade.

How often the issue occurs

• Fully reproducible. Restarting Roon Core, KEF speakers and Synology router didn’t help. Other endpoints are visible just fine (e.g Allo Usbridge towards Mytek Brooklyn DAC+)

Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
Roon Rock running on intel NUC. Roon 1.8 831, OS 1.0 227.

Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
Windows 10 PC , Roon 1.8 831

Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
All devices connected with ethernet through Synology router RT2600ac. I have checked and I can access KEF LS 50W from my PC (its web page). Router also sees it.

Thanks, @Dejan_Beznec. We are looking into this.

Hi @Dejan_Beznec, we’ve enabled some additional logging on your Core machine so we can take a closer look at what’s happening during this time.

Please note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and the name of the track that was playing and upload your Roon Logs by using these instructions. The best way to get them over to me would be via Dropbox / Google Drive, but if you don’t have either service please let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions.

Thank you!

Hi @Dejan_Beznec, just wanted to check in and see if you saw my previous response here. Thanks!

Was this ever resolved? I have the same exact problem. I also use Synology Router/Mesh.

I did get it to show up briefly after restarting router, mesh nodes, Roon Server. But disappeared a few hours later.

1 Like

Not really. Typical excuse in line of “simplify your network”. But the fact that my network is the same for years, was neglected. This stopped working after 831 upgrade…

Thanks, Dejan. I was able to resolve by playing around it was connected to network, but in a very unexpected way. I was having problems with it connected via ethernet to a switch that was connected directly to my primary Synology router (not a node). There is a Synology node in the room which is also connected to the switch, so I tried connecting the node directly to the Router then have the switch to the node and of course the Kef to switch. It still didn’t work.

Then I realized I had a Poweline adapter in the room (used to send a signal to a nearby Allo Digione Signature used for Headphone listening). The Powerline unit is also connected to that same switch so one would think it wouldn’t make a difference, but it did. So far it’s been 24 hours without the Kefs disappearing.

Bottom line is I’ve found this dropping of certain endpoints like the Kef’'s to be extremely sensitive to the way they are integrated into the network. I have the same problem with a Bluesound speaker elsewhere in the house.

Thanks! Yes, i also have ROON with ROCK, KEF and another endpoint Allo USBridge connected via switch, which is connected to Synology router. For some reason Allo USBridge works just fine, while KEFs do not.

This topic was automatically closed after 21 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.